Chapter Twenty-One

this is going to be really short, but I wanted to write something, sorry.

I stared at Harry, my eyebrows furrowing.

"She wants me to do what?"

"She wants to.. bond with you. Go shopping with her, you know?" Harry repeated.

"Your mother? But she already knows me."

Harry sighed, "Yeah, but Gemma's home and she wants to meet you too."

"Harry.."

"Please." Harry grabbed my hand, his thumb rubbing the back of my palm. "They really want to get to know you. And with school coming up, they won't be able to do that."

"Okay, fine. I'll do it."

Harry smiled and leaned over, kissing my cheek. "Thanks gorgeous."

Being Harry's girlfriend was probably the best decision I'd ever made. Because now that I was his girlfriend, I had like twenty new nicknames. This morning he had decided to call me "pumpkin", a name I wasn't too fond of.

"Hm, you're welcome. So when is this bonding thing going to happen?"

"Today."

"Today? Harry!"

"Sorry." Harry laughed, and I knew he wasn't really sorry."

"What time do I need to be ready?"

"In a hour," Harry said sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes, pushing him out of my room.

"What are you doing?" Harry tried to push his way back into my room.

"If I have to be ready in a hour, I obviously still have to get ready."

Harry huffed, sitting down in front of my door. "Fine, I'll just wait here."

"Cool." I shut the door in his face, immediately laughing because Harry started to whine.

I quickly changed into something more presentable and put mascara on. Seriously, this is the second time I've put it on this week and I still hate the way it feels.

"Harry, why are you sitting on the floor in front of Ariella's room?"

"Oh um." I heard Harry get up, clearing his throat. "I lost something."

"And what was that something?"

"Um, a uh-"

"Hey." I opened my door and greeted my mother, saving Harry from embarrassment. "I found it, no worries."

I held up one of my gloves and waved it around. My mother nodded slowly, but I could tell she didn't believe me.

"Where are you going?"

"Shopping.. with Harry's mother."

"Oh, have fun." She smiled at me and Harry before leaving to go back downstairs.

We followed her downstairs, and I waved at her before we left.

"Jesus, it's freezing." I slipped my gloves on.

Harry opened the door to his house and we stepped in.

"Harry?" I heard somebody call.

"Yeah, it's me, Gem."

Oh, this must be Gemma. She came in from the kitchen and smiled at me.

"You must be Ariella."

I nodded, shyly waving. "Hi."