Chapter Twenty-Two

"So, what kind of cookies do you want to make?" Gemma asked, leaning on the counter.

"We could just remake the other cookies, but without the hazelnut."

She nodded and pulled a bowl out of the cabinet. I made myself useful by getting the other stuff together, putting them on the counter.

"Harry thinks he can crack an egg using only one hand, but he can't. He always ends up making a mess though. And I have to clean it up." Gemma poured sugar in the bowl and handed me a spoon.

"Can you mix this? I'll get the chocolate chips."

I took the spoon from her and began mixing it. I looked up just in time to see Harry peeking his head around the corner.

Without turning around, Gemma said, "Harry, out."

"But, Gem!"

"Out! We're trying to make cookies."

"I just want a sandwich! Come on, I'm starving."

"You're always starving."

"I know, but this time I can actually hear my stomach growl."

"You can come back in ten minutes, we'll be out by then."

Harry huffed and disappeared, groaning.

"He eats literally all the time," Gemma said when she came back with the chocolate chips. I laughed, agreeing with her.

She grabbed a handful of chocolate chips and dumped them in the bowl.

"Gemma!" I laughed. She joined in with me, "What? Chocolate's good!"

She shoved the bag towards me and I grabbed a bunch, putting them in the bowl.

"These cookies are going to be pure chocolate," I told her, mixing everything in the bowl.

"That's the point. If we can't use hazelnut, then extra chocolate!"

"Right."

"And I'm sorry about the other cookies, I could've killed you. I don't think Harry would be happy about that, and I'd feel awful."

"It's okay, you didn't know."

She smiled at me, "I'm glad Harry met you. I was worried that he would mix in with the wrong crowd when he started school, but he's with you and I'm really glad."

She hugged me again, but the time I hugged her back, laughing. "I thought he was so annoying at first, but then he grew on me, I guess."

"Yeah, he's like that." She let me go to put the cookies in the oven.

"I still don't understand how you two are dating, though."

"He's sweet!"

"Old people are sweet."

I grinned, "Yeah, but Harry's sweeter."

"Name one thing that's sweet about him."

I immediately reached under my shirt and pulled out the necklace, showing it to her.

"What's it say? Oh, h.s. and a.e." She snorted, "He's such a cheeseball."

"But I'm her cheeseball, right?" Harry walked in and went straight for the fridge.

"Harry, what are you doing?"

"I'm fixing a sandwich. Gemma, it's been ten minutes. Did you forget?"

"No, I didn't forget. But I was hoping you'd forget."

"Well, I didn't. Ella, you want a sandwich?"

"I want a sandwich," Gemma interrupted.

"Make your own."

Gemma huffed, "Fine. Hand me the bread."

I smiled at their relationship. It was a typical brother-sister, but they didn't fight like normal people would. At least, I didn't think they did.

"Here." I jumped a bit, surprised. Harry held out a plate, a sandwich and potato chips sitting on top of it.

"Thanks." I took it from him, giving him a quick kiss. Gemma made a noise of disgust from her spot at the counter, but I could tell she was teasing.

The oven beeped and Gemma was quick to get the cookies out.

"How much chocolate did you put in that?" Harry leaned over the counter, sandwich in hand, and looked at the cookies.

"A lot."

"Cool."

He reached down to get one, pulling back when he realized that they were still hot.

"Stupid." Gemma coughed out the word.

"Loser," Harry bit back.

I finished my sandwich and slid the plate over to Harry, who put it under his own.

"These cookies ready yet?" I asked Gemma.

"Yeah, they should be."

I grabbed two, one for myself and one for Harry.

"Thanks, babe."

Ah, another nickname.

This time, Gemma didn't say anything. She just grabbed a cookie and silently ate it.

"These are really great, good job."

Gemma held up and her hand and I high-fived her.

"You two are ridiculous," Harry said, shaking his head.

"Yeah, but at least we make good food."

"True," Harry muttered, grabbing another cookie.

So yeah this is short and boring and I'm really sorry. Comment what you think if you want! Love you guys.