Chapter Seventeen

Dedicated to alondra_g4589 because she's commented on every chapter and she's so nice.

Harry dropped me off at home, kissing my cheek before I went inside. My mother was sitting on the couch, a smile on her face.

"So where did you and Harry go?"

"We went to the ice skating rink."

"In this town?" She questioned.

I shook my head, "No, in the other town."

She nodded her head, "So are you guys dating now?"

"No!"

"Well why not?" She looked confused.

"Why not? We're just friends.." I defended.

"You guys are not just friends. Ariella, you are so clueless."

I crossed my arms over chest, "I am not."

"He likes you," she stated.

I could feel my cheeks get warm, "No he doesn't."

"He so likes you," she said, sounding like a school girl.

"You're crazy, I'm going to bed. Tell dad I said goodnight."

"Alright, but remember what I said."

"Sure thing."

I showered and changed before climbing in bed. I could see Harry's shadow moving around his room until he stopped and the light went out.

Maybe he did like me. Or maybe we were just really close friends. Why was I so worked up about this anyway? Maybe it was me who liked him instead of him liking me.

I rolled over and close my eyes. This is exactly why I didn't want to be friends with Harry.

--

"So Harry called and asked me if he could hang out with you," my mother said during breakfast. My dad looked up from his plate and raised an eyebrow.

"Why? He's got my number," I mumbled.

"I told him he could."

"But I was supposed to help you with the animals today.."

"It'll be fine. He'll be over in about twenty minutes."

I quickly got up from my chair, putting my plate in the sink before rushing upstairs. Since it was cold today, I decided on putting on a sweater and jeans with my tennis shoes. I combed through my hair and put in in a braid before grabbing my phone. No wonder he called the house, my phone was off. Whoops.

Right as I was about to leave my room, Harry came in.

"Hey." He grinned and hugged me.

We walked downstairs and I said goodbye to my parents before leaving.

"So where are we going?" I asked, getting in his car.

"Just some places, I don't know. I've never been around the town so I figured that you could show me some shops." He was hesitant to tell me, considering that I hated this town.

"Yeah sure."

He looked surprised, "Oh.. okay then. Thanks, I guess."

"I need you to do me a favor though."

"What is it?" He glanced at me.

"If you see someone from our school, please don't speak to them. I mean, you could speak to them if you want to. It's just that they think that you want to be friends with them, which is fine I guess if you want to be friends with them," I rambled.

Harry grinned, "I wasn't planning on doing that anyway."

"Oh." It was silent while he drove. I had started messing around with the cd's he had in his car.

"You have Katy Perry in here?" I held up the cd case.

He snatched it back and stuffed it in the backseat. "That's my sisters."

I laughed, "Okay."

I put a random cd in the slot and leaned back, satisfied with what was playing. He parked the car a few minutes later and got out, jogging to my side of the car.

"Um, thanks. So where do you want to go first?"

"Uh.."

I pointed to a bunch of shops, "That's a clothing store that every one goes to, but it's crazy expensive. That's a sports shop, I guess it has good stuff. That's a coffee shop and there are probably ten more shops past that."

"Can we go to the sports shop?"

I nodded my head, "Sure, I need a new pair of sweatpants."

"You actually go to this store?"

"No, but my parents do."

He nodded and pushed the door open. The man at the counter greeted us with a bright smile. I immediately went over to the sweatpants and started looking through them.

"You wear men's sweatpants?"

"Yeah," I didn't look up from the rack of clothes, "Girls sweatpants annoy me, they're usually pink."

Harry left after that and when I had picked out a few pairs of sweats, I went to find him. When I did, he was trying to choose between two hats.

"The black one."

He turned around, "What?"

"I like the black one."

He put down the other hat and went up to the register. He held out his hand and I looked at it, confused.

"Hand me your clothes, I'll pay for yours too."

I shook my head quickly, "No, not happening."

He sighed and let me pay for mine. When we had done about three hours of shopping (it basically wasn't shopping, just looking around), Harry pulled me to a restaurant.

We sat down and ordered, surprised when we saw a boy from our school, taking someone's order.

I fiddled with my hands and looked at Harry. He looked really good today. Well he looked really good everyday, but he just looked different today, older.

"Harry do you like me?" I blurted, immediately covering my mouth afterwards.

Nice job, idiot.

"What?"

"Nothing, never mind. Forget I said anything."

"No, tell me what you were meaning." He leaned forward and brought his hands together.

"Well, my mother told me you liked me and I just wanted to ask. But you probably don't because you're Harry and I'm Ariella and I was mean to you when you first got here which is fine because we're friends anyway and even if you don't like me, I don't want to ruin anything. You're actually the first real friend I've had in years and I probably just messed it up. And I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship or anything since I think you're attractive and oh my god, I'm ruining this I'm so sorry."

Harry's eyes were wide as he leaned back in his chair.

Great job Ariella, you messed everything up.

He suddenly leaned forward again and grabbed the necklace that was dangling around my neck.

"There's a reason I gave you this necklace," he said quietly before placing a small kiss on my lips.

Ha so there we go. It finally happened wOOOO. Comment and vote if you want. Thank you guys for reading!