Chapter Twelve

Harry picked me up for school the next morning and I was surprised that he drove his car. I mean, it was freezing and all but I remember Harry saying that he liked walking with me.

"Hey," he said as I climbed in.

"Hey yourself."

I noticed that the flower crown I made him was hanging on the mirror. I reached up and touched it, "You kept it?"

"Yeah." Harry looked embarrassed, "I uh- I sprayed it with my mother's hairspray and hung it up."

I smiled at Harry, "I kept mine too."

When we arrived to school, Harry helped me out of his car. As usual, people were staring at us and as usual we ignored them.

"Why do they stare? Like, don't they have anything else to do?"

"Not really." I shrugged, "They can stare all they want, I don't care."

I slung my arm around Harry's shoulder- having to stand on my tiptoes of course -and laughed. "Come on Harry Edward, let's go to class."

Harry groaned, "Stop calling me that, it's weird."

"Weird?"

"Yeah."

I shook my head at his short response and continued on to class, my arm still around his shoulder.

"You want to come with me today? My parents want me to help them today."

Harry thought about it before smiling, "Yeah sure, let's go."

I climbed in his car and Harry got in shortly after. I as sure that he already knew where to go, considering he came to get me when we went to that coffee shop a few weeks ago.

"You want to wash an animal today?"

Harry glanced at me, "I don't know.."

"Oh come on, it'll be fun."

"Will your parents mind?"

"Of course not, they love you."

Harry nodded, "Okay, I'll help."

We pulled up to the building a few minutes later and I got out, hurrying Harry inside. My father was sitting at the front desk.

"Hey dad."

"Hey, you made it. And you brought Harry."

I nodded with a smile, "Yeah, he's going to help. Is that okay?"

My dad smiled at Harry, "Yeah that's fine. Just be careful, son. There's a lot of rowdy ones back there."

Once my dad was out of sight, Harry turned to me, "Did he say rowdy?"

"Yeah don't question it, he's weird."

We made it to the back and my mother pulled me into a hug, bringing Harry in as well.

"Thank you guys for coming. Make sure to grab a coat over there, Harry. Have fun, all these cats and dogs need washing. And I think some lady wanted us to wash her rabbit."

I raised an eyebrow at her, "Rabbit?"

"Yeah, I don't think she was all there."

She left us after that and I grabbed two coats and threw one to Harry. I tied my hair up and grabbed a kitten.

"Hey," I cooed. She meowed and I giggled, starting to wash her.

After she was dried off and put back in her box, I picked up a dog. Right as I went to spray water on him, I heard a loud crash.

I quickly looked over to see Harry trying to grab the rabbit as it hopped off the counter.

"Harry!" I put the dog back in his box and started helping Harry try to catch the rabbit.

"I'm sorry! He doesn't like water!"

"So now it's a he?" I asked, looking at Harry. He gave me a look and continued chasing.

By the time we caught it, we were so out of breath and the room was a mess, not to mention that we were soaked because Harry hadn't turned the water off.

"We are not washing that animal?"

"Agreed," Harry breathed, looking at me.

"What is going on in here?"

I looked up to see my mother. Damn it.

"Um I was trying to wash the rabbit and it didn't really work out.." I gestured to the rabbit in Harry's arms that was squirming.

"Ariella.."

"I know, I'll clean it up. I'm sorry." I ignored Harry's gaze as I talked. My mother would never let him come back after causing such a mess.

"Just clean it up, I'll see you at home." I was surprised to see that it was already past six.

Just as she went to turn around, she stopped and turned to Harry. "Thank you for helping, we'd love to have you around here again."

Harry gave her a small smile and she left, but not before giving me a look.

"Why'd you take the blame?" Harry asked when he was sure that she had left.

"She wouldn't have let you come back if she knew that you had caused all of this."

Harry stepped forward and hugged me, "Well thank you."

"Mhm." I pulled away and started to clean up the mess we made.

I was thankful that we had coats on. My shirt wouldn't exactly go well with water.

I locked up the building when we were done and got in Harry's car.

"So who's going to tell that lady that we couldn't wash her rabbit?"

I laughed and shook my head, "We're not. I don't think she'll be able to tell the difference."

I fiddled through Harry's cd collection and pulled out a random one, putting it in the slot.

I didn't recognize the band, but I didn't ask Harry who it was because he seemed pretty occupied while singing along.

We pulled up to my house and I grabbed my books and bag, "I'll see you at school."

Harry grabbed my arm before I opened the door, "I'm sorry I caused so much trouble tonight, that damn rabbit was the reason."

"It's fine, I'd rather get in trouble and you come back to help than you get in trouble and not come back to help. Wait, that sounded confusing."

Harry laughed, "I got it, don't worry."

Harry leaned forward and kissed the corner of my mouth, immediately springing back and apologizing, "That was supposed to be on the cheek.."

I shrugged, my cheeks turning a light red. "It's okay, I'll see you at school."

I got out and sprinted up to my house, giggling like a silly girl because Harry kissed me.

So I updated again- yay. I figured that since I haven't wrote anything about the animal shelter lately that I wanted to write a small chapter about it. Please vote and comment. Even follow me if you want. I love to see what you guys think about the story so far.