Chapter II/1: When the Lights Fall down

PART TWO:
THE LIGHT ONE

- BECAUSE YOU ONLY KNOW HOW PRECIOUS SOMETHING WAS ONLY AFTER YOU'VE LOST IT -

BOOK II, CHAPTER 01:
WHEN THE LIGHTS FALL DOWN

16th July/1st Zyvrona
Axis, the Dark Palace
[2 YEARS LATER]

         Viktor stood up. His gaze cold, he truly was the king of darkness knowing of no mercy at the moment — or so it seemed as he left the naked girl in the bed shivering from cold.

She had bruises on her body, her eyes were just as lifeless as his were — she realized that it was pointless to fight. Pointless to live.

She thought that she could escape Viktor, yet she can't have been more wrong. There wasn't escaping Viktor, once he had his eyes set on one target, he was never letting go. Grabbing a single piece clothing that was laying on the ground, he wrapped it around his torso before heading towards the window and staring into the Four Suns.

It was all so fucked-up.

He recalled when he brought Ayla home two years ago, fully prepared to wed her and probably announce her his queen, but she... She changed. For worse.

She was no longer trying to get his attention, she was no longer interested in him, she no longer had that warm feeling to her, she was just.... He could no longer even feel love from her. Her! His mate. How own fucking soul-mate! How in the name of the Smyk did that happen? Has she finally realized just how pathetic he is?

How cruel and terrifying and evil he is? What kind of a sick bastard he has been before he had met her? Did something happen in Numer that had made her realize those things or has she found out something over there that made her give up on him? What if... What if she fell for—

No. Reject.

He immediately rejected the idea of Ayla having fell for Darkus while she was imprisoned by him. Yet the more he ignored it, the more real it came to be in his eyes.

"Fuck!" screaming in frustration, he punched the wall next to him creating a hole in it. The noise from his outburst woke up the sleeping girl in the bed as she whimpered, surprised by it.

Viktor noticed and he almost felt sorry for her. But then he remembered Ayla, how she discarded him and started whoring around and the girl — she looked no older than her, and her facial features were so similar. All regret and pity that she had went to water as he realized just how similar those two were.

And those eyes... Those round green eyes that stared at him with awakened emotions — fear, at the moment — were enough to trigger his anger again. He couldn't hurt Ayla, his mate — but nothing prevented him from hurting others. She could go and fuck whoever she wanted, but so will he as well.

And the current target for venturing his anger was right there, in front of his eyes.

That elven girl.

Same time
Siuks, the Forgotten Forest

           Pain, pain and even more pain. It was everything Ayla has been feeling for the past few months, every single night. It wasn't like she didn't know why was she feeling the heart-crushing pain in her chest, she did — heavens know that she did, she just didn't want to believe it.