Chapter 24: Bloodletting

As an apology for late update, here's a loooooooong update and Ayla's POV in the next one by seventh January.
P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MERRY CHRISTMAS
_________

- Those who fight to protect someone dear to them are the most powerful. You cannot win against them if your only goal is to destroy, for if not with power - they'll win with their will -

BLOODLETTING

April the 1st,
Axis, The Three of Beginning
Viktor was staring at the necklace in his hand. Today was Ayla's birthday, and he wasn't there. Today was also the day those fúcking bastards choose to make a new generation of Firstborns, though who knew what kind of fùcked-up power will they give them.

Sighing, he stood up from his bed as he headed towards the window in his room. Looking through it, he saw it, The Tree of Beginning. It was magnificent tree, white colored and spreading into endless void in the sky.
There, on Axis, you had three black Suns and because of them, sky was always redish and yellow. It wasn't a look you'd ever imagine on the Earth. At night, the red color of their surroundings would mix with darkness becoming purple as another Sun appeared. They had no moons, more or less. Their realm simply had too many of them that they soon become considered as stars, and from time to time, they'd crash on the surface of Axis. Whenever that happened, another Guardian was born, so everyone knew it. First intact of power came with impact of moon landing, but in much smaller size than original. Afterwards, that shard that remained would come to the newborn baby and eventually become its Key of Balance, and tonight, one moon was indicating its fall.

Viktor frowned, if those two became new Guardians, there should be two moons about to fall, but this... He could smell it in the air that something more twisted than those Ancients' doing is about to unravel that night.

Then he heard what he waited for, thirteen bells ringing indicating that the time had come. The ceremony was about to start and he'll do everything that's in his might to stop it.
He won't let them destroy another lives. Even if it kills him. Who knows, maybe when they see him dead, they'd feel that there's no longer need for Ayla to be captive and will release her.

Transforming in his other form, a form of Balancer, he took out his sword from his back as he headed down. Time to wreck this place up.

*****

"Today we gathered here to witness the birth of new power. Of new hope. Of new Guardians," Myura started talking as Viktor frowned approaching her. New hope his asş.

"Stop right there. We were ordered not to let you pass..." the guard started, but with one glance from Viktor, he fainted. Viktor grinned, he may not show it all the time, but it's almost impossible to breath inside of his bloodlust. Even the bravest of Guardians could barely stand it.

As he passed through the guards who were supposed to hold him down, he only cracked his neck as they all fainted. They wanted to see Lord of Darkness? Well, he'll let them be.

"Do you, Zachary Wellmark accept your role as a newborn of Guardians there shall rise?" she asked the young boy who from the depths of his heart believed to be doing the right thing. Nor he, nor any other Guardian knew of suffering his choice would bring in the future.

"I do," he said with a firm voice that held no hesitation. He glanced at his younger twin who only bit his lip. He was afraid.

"And you, Edward, his twin whom you share the same blood with, accept to follow in step as another firstborn?" she asked him and he only nodded before remembering to speak.