*Chapter 7: Night in the Forest

Sorry for not updating sooner, but the good news is that I can do it since I have 16 chapters already done for this story (five more, but all written in my notebook from biology... Boring class, I'm telling you) 

R-rated content ahead

_______________________

- Night is the time when most people show their real selves. Not because it's scary time for them, but because they think no one can see them -

NIGHT IN THE FOREST

April 23rd
Axis, The Dark Palace

IT HAS been a while since Ayla came here.

Viktor still remembers the way she was when she came, always would she shy away from him and and condemn him for the words he used. He recalls that one time when she ran from him when he asked her to join him for a bath, it was the only time she ran away. When she cut herself and he caught her in that act, she didn't run. She stood glued to the place and observed him, assessing him to see if he was worthy of her trust.

He didn't betray her expectations.

She then took the initiative to approach him, her fear of him gradually dispersed and now it felt like she had been by his side for years.

Looking at her now, lying on top of him and sleeping carelessly around by the the first chance she gets, he couldn't help but be amazed by her tenacity to move on.

He has often played with her in the bed, but has yet to truly mate with her. Although he wasn't as interested in it and was satisfied just by having her by his side, his body was different. His demons didn't let him take a break. They wanted to break her.

Viktor watched her sleep on his chest, he couldn't recall when he had a good sleep. He only once slipped after he found her and managed to fall asleep, but after that incident when she cut herself, he became incapable of doing so anymore.

What if her nightmares come back to haunt her?

"Just close your eyes and think about something pretty..." It was at that moment that she spoke, yawning, "It helps me, maybe it will work with you too," she rambled on some nonsense, her mind half-awake. She knew that Viktor doesn't sleep, but she never sure if he's doing it intentionally or can't manage to fall asleep. So she rambled out an advice.

Viktor chuckled, he's gotten used to her suddenly waking up and musing some nonsense out of nowhere. He found that habit of hers to be cute.

Holding her tightly with his hand, he kissed her forehead before closing his eyes. It was kind of refreshing to have someone care for him in return. His Generals worried about him too, but they knew that their worry was pointless and that he'll be fine regardless of anything.

While she was just kind like that. She didn't see Viktor as someone strong, so she worried about him like he was a fellow human.

"Hey, Ori..." she said, and how Viktor hated that nickname. She once said that his title "Ouroboros" was way too long and complicated for her so she started calling him "Ori" now...

It sounded like a pet name and really irritated him, but since it was Ayla who spoke of it, he just gave up resisting.

"...how about we go running today?" she asked him.

"Do I have to?" Viktor could already smell trouble, but how can he say 'no' to this little female?

"Please..." She raised her head and looked at him with sleepy eyes. It dealt critical damage to his heart and he nodded, in defeat.