*Chapter 8: After

-The weather is always calm before the hurricane-

AFTER

April 28th,
Axis, The Dark Palace

AYLA HAS been sleeping for two days without waking up ever since they came back. From time to time, she would start clutching her belly as if she's in pain and then start coughing, but when he came near her, she always calmed down. However, he was afraid to stay near her, she was so fragile, he could easily hurt her unintentionally.

She's human, a fragile creature that could break easily, and he... He was the opposite of it.

Just what have I done...

Victor sighed, he sat on the bed next to her, watching over her in case she wakes up... she'll need someone. And she'll need some blood, he drank too much from her, immortal's blood is quite nourishing for humans. He couldn't understand why he felt so touchy about her; sure she is his mate, but it was obvious that she was just tired so she's sleeping now, and her body needed to accept the imprint from his Kin, yet he couldn't remove his eyes from her.

Stupid mate pull or however it was called. Mating pull... no, he doubted that it was the reason behind his actions; his mating wasn't as simple as it was with other creatures. It was... Anomaly, one could say.

The bond he had with Ayla was never supposed to exist, but still, he probably never thought about it because he was happy now that he got his second chance. She wasn't his first soul-mate, his woman had long died to keep him safe leaving him with a newborn son who grew up without knowing what a "mother" was. He recalled the times he spent with her, no matter how painful it was now - the bond he had with her was different. Stronger.

With her, he couldn't live without her presence; with Ayla - he could and couldn't both. The bond didn't affect him to the point of losing all rationality, but it's not like it had no effect on him whatsoever.

He sighed, this isn't going to get him anywhere.

He already told Hugo that he'll be the one in charge of the castle for the next few days, though Viktor would usually never had abandoned his duties, but what was happening wasn't your usual occurrence. He kept staring at Ayla, she looked so much like him, her scent, her soul... Even her breath was now even with his.

She IS his, all his.

He noticed her body moving.

She had awakened.

The first thing Ayla realized was that her eyes were heavy, but she didn't really want to keep on sleeping. But her body felt even heavier and there was a pain in her belly that seemed to suck away her vitality, so she didn't want to wake up.

Previous events came flooding through her head and she sighed quietly. She didn't regret it, she was glad actually - perhaps. Viktor was her man, she was the one that will please him, and she wanted to stay the only one. No other woman or man was allowed to please him, she immediately decided. The sense of possessiveness she didn't know she had overwhelmed her. It didn't seem wrong to her, despite being unknown.

Viktor was a man, and a man has his needs, and she already decided that it's him she'll give her body to, so she was alright with everything that happened so far, though she felt uneasy when she recalled his expression. It almost seemed like that man who mated with her wasn't Viktor. Finally, she opened her eyes and saw what seemed like the most handsome face in existence looking down on her, well, according to her.