Part 22: Day 11

Nellieton's eyes snapped open after having a nightmare. She looked around and saw she was still in the snow forest.

Abigail's eyes opened and she smiled at the older girl. "Good morning" she said. "Morning" the older replied.

"So what are we going to do today" Abigail asked. "I'm hungry" Nellieton said with a sigh knowing it was coming near the end of the games.

"We need to eat" Abigail said. "We need meat in our bones to give us strength" Nellieton told her with a sad smile.

Abigail understood what she meant. They needed meat so they'd be strong enough to fight the careers.

The two got down from the tree and started walking. The made their way to the forest and their eyes went wide as the realisation hit them.

How where they meant to find found food in the forest when it was burned down? All the animals were probably killed too.

"What are we going to do" Abigail asked. Nellieton thought as much as she could. How could they eat meat without the forest.

"Boulders" she said as she grabbed the younger girls hand and went to the boulders. They wouldn't have a high choice but there could be things like Rats.

They reached the boulders only to see it was covered in ice. No normal animal would be able to survive that.

"Looks like we have to go back to the snow forest and eat as many plants as we can" Nellieton said with another sigh.

They made their way back to the forest. It didn't take them long to find the plants. They ate many of them until they had enough.

"What do we do now" Abigail asked. "We wait. The careers will have to come here since it's probably the only edible food source left" Nellieton said.

The two sat in silence. They were both scared and not so much for themselves more for the other since both wanted the other to win.

Hours passed as the two sat down having small talk. They spoke about their life's in their districts and how different they had things.

It got cold all of a sudden making the two girls confused. Nellieton looked to see everything starting to freeze.

"RUN" she shouted as she grabbed the young girls hand and they ran, they ran faster than either one ever had.

They heard a scream from near by but kept running. No cannon went off meaning the person didn't die.

After running for nearly an hour they arrived at the desert. It was hotter than it ever was making sweat drip down both tributes heads.

The careers ran in the desert too all three of them out of breath. They smirked as they saw the two in alliance.

"Well what do we have here" Adam said with a smirk and a knife in his hand. He wanted her to pay for what he did to Harper.

Nellieton got went to grab a knife but her eyes went wide. She had no weapons, nothing to defend herself with.

She pushed the younger behind her. "You're defenceless too" Adam said with a smirk before running over to her.

He pushed her down and tried to stab her but she moved out of the way. He kept trying to stab her but she kept moving. "Stay still" he snapped at her but she wouldn't listen.

She pushed him off and tried to grab his knife but he ended up cutting her hand making her groan slightly, she wasn't going to give up.

He pinned her down to the ground and she couldn't break his grip. "Pity you're going to die, you're actually pretty cute" he said as kissed her cheek.

She took this opportunity and kicked his leg hard making him let go. She knocked the knife out of his hand.

Adam's eyes went wide as Nellieton grabbed the knife and stabbed him in the chest making the cannon go off.

A scream brought Nellieton to reality. She looked to see Abigail with a stab wound in her stomach and Sophia laughing.

Nellieton growled as she attack Sophia. Cameron tried to pull her off but she punched him in the face making him stumble back.

Sophia was trying to fight the girl but she was struggling. Nellieton grabbed the knife and put in the middle of Sophia's head killing her, the cannon confirmed it.

Cameron went to attack Nellieton but she dodged him tripping him up. He managed to stab her arm but it wasn't enough.

Nellieton grabbed the knife from Sophia's head and used it to stabbed Cameron directly in his head killing him. The cannon went off.

A loud sigh escaped Nellieton's mouth before her eyes went wide. She looked to see Abigail with blood dripping down her body.

"Oh baby" Nellieton said as she went over to the girl she saw as a sister. "You're going to be okay" Nellieton said tears running down her face.

"No I'm n-not, but it's o-okay. This m-means I don't h-have to kill my-myself" Abigail said with a sad smile.

"I was meant to die not you" Nellieton said as the tears fell down more. "N-nelly, my l-last req-quest" Abigail said with a small smile

"I can't bring myself to say goodbye

I walk with my head up, say I'm fine but that's a lie

Your face will always haunt me

It's my comfort and my curse

And I can't imagine any feeling could be worse

Than this goodbye

This Goodbye"

A smile stayed on Abigail's face as she closed her eyes and breathed her last breathe. The cannon went off confirming the death.

"Ladies and Gentleman I am pleased to present the Victor of the 72nd Annual Hunger Games, Miss Nellieton Granite" a voice said.

Only one thought ran through Nellieton's head. It was finally over.

(The 72nd Hunger Games are over. But the story isn't over yet..)

~~RIP Abigail Luken~