Part 27: 73rd Hunger Games

It was the 73rd Hunger Games. Both Granite siblings were signed up to be mentors together. Nellieton wanted to see Johanna and Finnick again.

When Nellieton was at home she was often found on the phone to Annie. She loved the girl so much.

Nellieton was giving advice to the girl while the boy didn't want to do anything other than smirk and wink at her.

The two siblings were sitting down on some chairs with big screens around them, so they could see what was happening.

"Hello children" Haymitch said. "Hey, Nelly this is Haymitch he's the mentor of District 12" Luke said making her eyes go wide.

"I'm sorry" she blurted out. "For what? For protecting Abigail? For saving their life's multiple times. Listen sweetheart you have nothing to say sorry for" Haymitch said making her nod her head.

"Drink" he asked as he put a cup out for her. "Sure why not" she said. She took the cup and Haymitch filled it with a drink.

They sat down and watched the start of the games. The females from both districts were already dead at the bloodbath.

"Well we knew they wouldn't last" Drunk Haymitch said making Nellieton chuckle. She was feeling tipsy herself.

"Luke, Nel" Johanna said as she went over. "Hi Jo" Nellieton said with a smile making Johanna laugh, she knew she was drunk.

"I see Haymitch has a drinking buddy" Johanna said. "Yep she's a good one. I suggest we keep her hidden from Odair, keep her for ourselves" Haymitch said.

Nellieton laughed then stopped. "Why hide me from Finnick" she asked confused. "Oh you'll see" Haymitch replied with a grin.

"There you are" Finnick said as he went over to the four. "Hey" they all replied. Finnick's eyes went straight to Nellieton. "You're drunk" he said. "No way, really" she replied.

"Why are you drunk" he asked folding his arms. "I just missed seeing you so I got drunk until you arrived" she replied batting her eyelashes making them all laugh.

Finnick sat down next to her and after an hour she fell asleep. Her head fell on Finnick's shoulder making him smile.

"Looks like we were all wrong" Luke said to Finnick. "About what" he replied. "She doesn't hate you" Luke said.

A real smile appeared on Finnick's face as he looked at the young girl on his shoulder. She really was beautiful.

Finnick laid Nellieton down her head on his lap. Nellieton slept for three hours before Finnick had to leave. He kept her head on the chair before giving her a kiss on the forehead.

After Finnick was gone for an hour Nellieton woke up. She looked around and was confused on where he went.

"Where's Finnick" she asked making the other Victors jump. They didn't hear her wake up or even more.

"Looking for lover boy" Johanna asked. Nellieton rolled her eyes. "He had business to attend to" Luke said making her nod her head.

All during the games Finnick would come and go attending to business at least once a day, always annoyed after.

"How's Annie doing" Nellieton asked him. "She's doing okay. She's thankful for you. She's glad she has you" Finnick told her.

A smile was on her face. "She means a lot to me. I'll have to come visit her some time after the games" she said. "She'd like that" Finnick replied smiling.

"You'd like it" Luke said faking a cough as he spoke. Johanna burst out laughing while Nellieton just shook her head at her brother.

"Any way.. you could stay for a few days. We have a spare room" Finnick said. "You share a house" Nellieton asked.

"Annie isn't deemed.. suitable to live on her own so we live together" Finnick said. "That's sweet of you" she replied.

"There's only a select few people I care about, Annie and Mags being some of them" Finnick told her.

"How is Mags" Nellieton asked. "She's doing good. She's been asking when you're coming back. I think she likes you more than she likes me" he said with a chuckle. "That's not very hard" she replied making him laugh.

She couldn't help but smile. Finnick had an amazing laugh. She was confused on why she randomly thought that.

Luke could see something in his sister. She was growing feelings for Finnick and he wasn't even sure if she knew it.

(End of Part. This part is short and the next part might be short too, I apologise for that. But there's only a few more parts left until I start the second book)