Part 6: Training 1

"Wake up lazy" Luke said as he entered Nellieton's room. "Five more minutes" she said as she cuddled up in the blanket.

Luke sighed as he got a cup, filled it with freezing water and poured on her. "WHAT THE HELL" she screamed out.

"You wouldn't wake up" he said innocently. She groaned as she got ready, putting on clothes suitable for training.

She left the room to see Ethan talking to Lily-Anne both of them smiling. A small smile appeared on Nellieton's face.

"Right now that Lazy is awake we can talk. Practice everything, not just your speciality, in fact save that for the individual training so other tributes don't see" Luke said.

"Also don't ignore the survival skills because they could be the difference between life and death" Luke said.

Nellieton started to eat while Luke, Ethan and Lily-Anne spoke. It was weird having Luke laughing with another tribute but it made her happy.

After 30 minutes they head down to training. "This is where I leave you. Good luck" Luke said as he went.

The two tributes walked in and saw most of the other tributes there. District one and two were sizing Nellieton up.

Soon the rest of the tributes came. "There are multiple ways to die in the arena, but many of you will die from natural causes, infections, starvation, dehydration. Exposure could kill as easy as a knife" a trainer said.

"No fighting with the other tributes. You'll have plenty of time for that in the Arena" the trainer added.

Nellieton and Ethan split up to try different sections. Nellieton went to the climbing section curious on how her climbing skills were.

She started climb and jumped from rope to rope. She was unaware of people watching her as she jumped with ease.

Then she hang upside down and noticed everyone watching. It didn't bother her, she wasn't going to show them her real skills.

Slowly she got down. "That was amazing" Ethan said. "I suppose" she said with a shrug of her shoulders.

She kept training on different sections, avoiding the hand to hand combat and knifes. She was going to do hand to hand on the last training day.

"She's good" Ethan heard Cameron, a career whisper. "We need to watch her closely" Sophia, another career replied.

Ethan was worried. He knew he wasn't going to make it but he wanted Nellieton to survive, to win.

When the training was finished Nellieton and Ethan went outside the room to see Luke talking to Finnick and Johanna Mason, the winner of last years Hunger Games.

"Don't go over there" Ethan said to Nellieton. "I'm not going to go over there" she replied making him smile.

"Until I find a knife that I can use to slice his throat" Nellieton said as she looked around for a sharp object.

"LUKE" Ethan called scared for Finnick's safety. Luke ran over while Johanna and Finnick kept talking.

"Hi" Nellieton said with a small smirk. "What were you planning on doing" he asked crossing his arms.

"I was going to go give them a big hug" Nellieton said so fake it made a tribute near by giggle.

Nellieton looked to see a young girl with a small smile on her face. The girl quickly looked away almost scared.

"I'm going to take you to meet Johanna, be nice" Luke said to Nellieton. "I'm always nice" she replied.

The three go over to Finnick and Johanna. A small smirk was on Johanna's face as she looked at Nellieton, the girl only a year younger than her.

"Well if it isn't the Capitol's Princess" Johanna said. "Nellieton, Ethan this is Johanna, Johanna these are Ethan and Nelly" Luke said.

"Johanna, I'm a huge fan. I watched your games last year and they were amazing. Pretending to be weak, genius" Ethan said.

"He gets excited over anything" Nellieton said. "Well he's not like you then Princess" Finnick said making her glare at him.

"What did I tell you yesterday, Don't talk to me, look at me or think about me" she snapped her hands shaking.

"She's got a temper alright" Johanna said with a laugh. "A temper, she's got more than that" Luke said smirking at his sister.

"So do you fancy your odds" Johanna asked. "You never know who's going to win. But I'm not going die without a fight" Nellieton told her.

"That's the spirit. I wish mine were like that. The girl's an idiot and the boy isn't going to last past the first day" Johanna said.

"Never doubt people. I thought you'd figure that out" Luke said. "They've been opened and honest and told me they're useless" Johanna said.

"Should you be talking about this in front of us" Ethan asked. "I doubt you'll get far either" Johanna said to him.

"Alright kids, go upstairs I'll meet you there" Luke said. "I'm not a kid" Ethan said. "You're like 10 so you are, now let's go" Nellieton said.

"See you around Princess" Finnick said as the two tributes went. The three victors were looking at each other.

"You know the plan" Luke said. "Of course" Johanna said. "I made a promise to your brother and I don't intend to break it now" Finnick said.

(End of Part)