Part 3: The Journey

Nellieton and Ethan were took on the train. It was quiet. Nellieton was curious were her brother was.

"A-are you nervous" Ethan asked. "No" Nellieton said. "Excited" he asked. "Of course not" she replied.

"Are you prepared" he asked. A sigh escaped Nellieton's mouth. The boy was annoying her with all his questions.

"No one is ever truly prepared for the hunger games, not even the careers. I'll tell you why because no two games are ever the same" Nellieton said.

Ethan was quiet. He knew that the Granite was training for this day her whole life, considering how they had no luck in the games.

"Well hello children" Lily-Anne said with a force smile. "Hi" Ethan said. "How are you feeling" Lily-Anne asked. "Nervous" Ethan said.

"What about you dear" Lily-Anne asked Nellieton. "I've been worse" Nellieton replied making Lily-Anne smile. Nellieton was definitely a Granite with her attitude.

"Where's our mentor" Ethan asked. "Here" Luke said as he came in the room with a few video tapes.

"What are these" Ethan asked. "They're video tapes" Luke said. "Of what" Ethan asked. Luke looked at his sister as if to tell her to make the boy shut up.

"If I'm correct we're going to watch past videos of the games so you can learn a few skills" Nellieton said.

"What about you" Ethan asked. "I already know what I'm good and not good at" Nellieton said with a shrug of the shoulders.

"So now it's my turn to ask a question. What games would you like to watch" Luke asked. "How about your games" Ethan said.

Nellieton clutched her fists. She hated watching her siblings games, but when she turned 12 she watched all their games, besides Luke who didn't go in yet.

"I'm going to my room" Nellieton said. "What about food" Lily-Anne asked. "I'm not hungry" she replied.

"Nelly you need to eat, now" Luke said. She glared at him as she sat down and started eating her food.

They put the 69th games on and started watching. "Look at their skills. It's a-amazing" Ethan said nervously.

"God I forgot how annoying tributes are" Luke said. Nellieton had a small smirk on her face as she looked at her brother.

"So anything I need to know? Anything that can help me" Ethan asked. "Stay alive, that will help" Nellieton said.

"How will I do that" Ethan asked. "Stay warm, try not to get cut and stay away from the careers" Luke said.

"But if I get cold I could light a fire" Ethan said. "That's a good way to get yourself killed" Nellieton told him.

"What do I do if I'm cold" Ethan asked. "You deal with it" Nellieton said. "Find somewhere warm or make sure you have a blanket" Luke said.

"If you don't mind I'll be going to my room" Nellieton said as she left. "Be good and watch some tapes" Luke said.

"I'll take you to your room" Lucy-Anne said as she led the girl to her room. "I'm sorry this has happened to you" she said.

Nellieton was confused. She was sure that the Capitol would love another Granite child in the arena.

"Your family doesn't deserve this" Lily-Anne said. "We have hope, that's all we can do" Nellieton said with a smile as she went in her room.

She sat on the bed and sighed. She looked next to her to see three tapes, the 33rd games, the 61st games and finally the 64th games.

They were her family games, her mothers, her sisters and her older brothers. There was no 65th games there since it made her angry how her brother sacrificed himself for Finnick Odair.

Nellieton hated him. Everything about him. She wished she could meet him just to kill him that's how much she hated him.

She laid on her bed thinking about how hard these games were going to be. Even with her training she was scared, but she'd never tell anyone. She was a Granite and Granite's never showed fear.

(End of part 3. The next part is "The Capitol")