Part 26: Capitol Party

A loud groan escaped Nellieton's mouth as Adan, Eira and Rex pulled at her hair. They were trying to make her beautiful for the Capitol party.

"Why do I have to go to a party" she asked. "They're celebrating you" Adan said. "Why" she replied. "You earned it" Rex said.

Nellieton's eyes snapped at him. "I earned it? Tell me how did I earn it? By killing innocent people watching the ones I love die" she snapped.

"Give us a minute" Rocky said. "How rude" Rex mumbled as he left with the other two prep team, Adan gave Nellieton sad smile as she left.

"They don't understand how hard this is for you" Rocky said. "It seems like they're just oblivious" Nellieton replied.

Rocky finished getting Nellieton ready. She was in one of the rooms at the 'palace' as she liked to call it.

"You're ready" Rocky said. Nellieton looked in the mirror to see she was wearing a purple strapless dress, with silver high hells and a crown.

She gave Rocky a hug. "Thank you" she said. "You're welcome. Now let's get you there" Rocky said.

They leave the room and go down a corridor where they see Luke. "We have to go outside then come back around through the front" he told his sister. "Oh great" she replied.

"This is where I leave you. I'll see you inside" Rocky said as he kissed cheek before he left the two siblings alone.

The two walk around the front. "Are you ready" Luke asked. "As ready as I'll ever be" Nellieton said.

Luke held his sisters hand and they started walking. There was many people waving, cheering some even crying as the two walked by.

They reached the hall and a sigh escaped Nellieton's mouth. "That was so hard" she said making Luke chuckle.

"Hi guys" Johanna said as she went over to them. "Hey. You remember Johanna right" Luke asked Nellieton. "Of course, hi" she replied.

"I'm glad you're here, it's full of guys, would be nice to have at least one girl here, besides Luke" Johanna said making Nellieton laugh.

"Excuse me" a boy's voice said as he touched Nellieton's leg. Nellieton looked to see a young boy around 8 looking at her.

"Hi sugar how can I help you" she asked. "May I have this dance" he asked. "Of course" she replied as they boy took her to the dance floor.

The boy was smiling while he dance with the newly found victor. "You're very beautiful" the boy said. "Thank you" she replied. "I was rooting for you the whole time. You're so kind" he said.

A real smile went on Nellieton's face. "It costs nothing to be kind, remember that" she said as the song stopped. They bowed to each other.

Nellieton went looking for Luke or Johanna but she couldn't find them. "Well if it isn't the princess" a voice said.

She turned around to see Gloss, the Victor of the 63rd Hunger Games. "Hello" she said with a force smile.

"May I have this dance" he asked as he put his hand out. She didn't want to, be she didn't want to be rude so she took it.

They start dancing. "You're extremely beautiful" he said with a grin. "Thank you" she said. "I think you'd look better with your dress on my floor" he whispered making her eyes go wide.

She was about to snap at him when a hand touched her shoulder. She turned around to see Finnick starting at her.

"I was hoping I could have this dance" he said. "Yes please" she said without hesitation as she took Finnick's hand and led him away.

"Thank you so much" she said. "Is he that bad" he asked with a chuckle. "He's disgusting" she replied scrunching up her face.

"What did he say" he asked. "How my dress would look good on his floor" she said as she shivered slightly.

Finnick put his hand on her waist. "What are you doing" she asked. "Dancing" he said. She nodded her hand as she put her hand on his shoulder.

They start dancing, in silence. She knew she had to break it. "I'm sorry" she said. "For what" he asked confused.

"I'm sorry I slapped you" she said. "It's fine. I understand. You were upset. I'd be the same in your situation" he said.

"But it wasn't your fault. He sacrificed himself to save you. You never asked him too, it was his choice, not yours" she said. "He was a good man" Finnick said.

"I would wanted to do the same for Abigail, sacrifice myself for her. But I knew there was no way she could take out three careers" Nellieton blurted out.

"If I was in the games with you I'd sacrifice myself, without hesitation" he whispered. Their faces inches apart.

She couldn't help but look into his beautiful eyes. He really was gorgeous. She felt her heart beat faster than it ever had.

They didn't realise they were leaning into each other until they heard a cough making Nellieton jump slightly.

"You have business Odair" Johanna said. Finnick sighed. "I'll see you around princess" he said as he kissed her cheek before going.

Nellieton was in shock. She was confused. Were her and Finnick about to kiss? She shook her head as she got the thought out. No way would that happen.

"So you Odair? Who would have thought" Johanna said with a chuckle. "It's not like that" Nellieton said.

"I'm pretty sure if I didn't interrupt you would have went to a hotel room with him" Johanna said with a wink making the girl blush.

Johanna laughed. "Come on Luke's looking for you" she said as she led the girl to her brother, who was annoyed.

"Where have you been" he asked. "I was with Finnick" she said. "Oh that's okay. I thought someone else got their hands on you" Luke said.

Before she could reply President Snow appeared and congratulated her on her victor on the stage making everyone cheer.

So many things were going through her head. Why did she have butterflies in her stomach when she was with Finnick?

(End of Part. They nearly kissed!! Wow! Johanna had to interrupt them *Sigh*. There's only like five parts left. Below is a picture of Nellieton's dress and make up)

Make Up:

Dress: