Part 19: Day 9

The darkness faded while the alliance slept. The light didn't wake them up. They stayed asleep, all three of them.

Nellieton woke up after a nightmare. She looked around to see the rest of her alliance fast asleep and unharmed.

Her dream scared her. She watched Charlie be cut up into little pieces then she watched Abigail being skinned alive screaming. She was tied up and unable to help, it terrified her.

Abigail and Ethan woke up. They noticed the distant look in Nellieton's eyes but they didn't say anything.

Ethan sneezed making Nellieton turn to him. A smile was on her face. "Good morning" she said. "Morning" the younger two replied.

"Right I'm hungry and I want a feast, I want pig, chicken, goat, oranges, apples, actually I don't like apples" Nellieton said making the younger two laugh.

Nellieton was trying to forget her dream so she was distracting herself as much as she could and she found laughter a cure.

The three get down from the tree and walk. They ended up in the normal forest. "I'd love a lovely chocolate square" Ethan said. "One of the ones my brother gets" Nellieton said with a grin.

Nellieton's grin remained on her face as she thought about the times her brother would tease her by not giving her chocolate, though in the end she'd get it whether he'd give it to her willing or she'd take it by force.

They walked deeper the forest. A fire caught Nellieton's eyes making her eyes go wide. "We gotta go" she said. "Why" Ethan asked.

Ethan turned around and his eyes went wide. "Come on" he said as he grabbed Abigail's hand and ran, Nellieton closely behind him.

The fire was gaining on them quickly. Nellieton's leg get burnt slightly but she kept going through the pain.

They reach the boulders and stopped running. The fire burned the forest making all three in the alliance go wide eyed.

"Well I guess we won't be going there again" Nellieton joked as she tried to ignore the pain in her leg.

The three laughed but the laughter was cut short when a spear went through Ethan's body. A scream escaped Abigail's mouth as his body fell to the ground.

Nellieton's eyes went wide. She looked around to try and see who done it but she couldn't see anyone.

"N-Nel" Ethan said. "I'm here" she said as she sat down next to him. Abigail was crying as she watched the blood come out of her ally.

"C-can you sing" Ethan asked. "Why does everyone want me to sing" Nellieton asked with a force smile.

"Y-your voice it's c-calming" he said. "Okay sweetie" she replied with a smile

"Constant as the stars above

Always know that you are loved

And my love shining in you

Will help you make your dreams come true

Will help your dreams come true"

Ethan smiled as he pulled the spear out of his body. A loud gasp escaped his mouth as the blood poured out.

Abigail's cries got worse. "Y-you were r-right" Ethan said to Nellieton. "About what" she asked. "We are f-family" he said with a smile before his head went to the side.

The cannon went off singalling the death of the last male of the alliance. Nellieton shut his eyesbefore kissing his forehead.

"Let's go" Nellieton said to Abigail who was still sniffling. "We need to leave and get away from here before they find us" she said.