[16] Nightmares

Avery-Rose

"Momma your phone singed!" Ellie says retrieving my phone from on top of one of the suitcases I have yet to unpack and brings it over to me.

The paparazzi gave up after about an hour and Ben went outside to go get our things. After all of our things were out of his car he had to go. Tomorrow morning, him and his father are flying to Sydney to discuss opening a hotel there.

But before he went, he somehow, without my knowledge, scheduled a meeting with a really good lawyer.

I don't think that boy ever rests.

"It sang?" I laugh. Ellie is a chatter box, but that doesn't mean her grammar is good. It's awful, but I love it.

"Yes momma, it went off again and again!" She tells me.

"Okay, hand it here baby." I smile, my phone has basically been off the entire trip. I only turned it on right before I came into my room.

Ellie comes beside me and hands it to me. I look at it and see all the missed texts and calls and instantly knew what each is about.

10 missed calls from Adam

29 missed calls from my Dad

4 missed calls from Quinn

5 missed calls from Liam

14 missed calls from Ruth..... Shit.

I expected all the calls from my family, I did, but I didn't even take into consideration Liam's family,

Ruth has been helping me watch Ellie for the last year, not knowing that it was her niece.

My phone starts going off again.

"Hey El, how bout you go play in your room for a bit? Momma will be in there soon and then we can get ready for bed?" I tell her and she nods running away.

I look down at the name on my phone

Adam <33

I take a deep breath and pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Avery-Rose Parker! How could you go over three years without telling me that Ellie's father was one of my closest friends! How could fake all of this? Pretending that you don't know who her father is? Did you know this whole time? Are you an idiot?" He yells. I wait a moment to make sure he is done. He isn't.

"And how could you date one of my friends? Of all people Liam? We've know him for how long? What did you screw him after one of our meets? What did you sneak into one of the rooms? I can't even think about it Avery!"

"Are you done?" I ask calmly. I have a lot of explaining to do to a lot of different people, I need to pick my battles carefully or else I'm going to end up in a insane asylum by the end of the night.

He takes a breath as if he wants to continue but the sighs and says "speak."

"I'm not going to explain myself, I'm a grown woman -"

"Avery you had a kid at 16 with one of my closest friends! You are far from an adult." He screams. I don't respond. The anger is boiling in me, but I can't let it control me. "Sorry." He says after what feels like forever of silence.

"First of all, yes Liam and I were together. For two and a half years. And yes, he is Ellie's father. Now you may calmly ask questions and I will calmly answer if I so please." I tell him.

"Why did you keep this from him?" He asks, I can tell he isn't as angry as he was a few moments ago, but he's frustrated.

"For the same reason I said no to being a Victoria Secret model. I didn't want Ellie in the tabloids. I was trying to protect her."