Katapusan

#JustThisOnce

Katapusan 

"You're always crazy when you're in love," Preston told me while I was asking him for help. I really wanted to marry Gen as soon as I could... but I also remembered that she deserved everything. She didn't deserve a quick wedding from me—she deserved the world.

And if it's a beach wedding that she wanted, it's a beach wedding that she'd get. I just have to be a little bit creative.

"Shut up if you're not going to help," I said.

Surprisingly, Preston's a good help. Dati naman kasi wala siyang kwenta pagdating sa mga ganitong bagay. Since Nari came into his life, Preston learned a trick or two about being romantic. Minsan nakakasuka.

"Buntis ba si Gen kaya atat na atat kang pakasalan?"

I chose not to comment. This was between Gen and me. And it's only Genesis who has the right to decide about whom would know about her condition.

"Sige na, text mo na lang ako kapag start na. Nasa kwarto lang si Nari, e," Preston said before ending the call. Right after, I pretended the everything's going according to plan—my plan, that was. Gen was completely cluess. I had never surprised her, I hoped that she'd like this one.

"Gen," I said, gently tapping her cheek. She was still fast asleep. I could stare at her all day, but I really wanted to marry her. Ang daming epal sa mundo. I just wanted to make she that she'd finally be mine. And legally, too. I'd fucking sue all their asses.

God, I just wanted a happy family. Was that really too much to ask?

"Hmmm..." Her eyes were still closed. I wanted to let her sleep, but we had a long day ahead of us.

"Wake up," I said.

"Okay. Five minutes lang," she said.

I smiled. This one. She's so fucking adorable without even trying. Sometimes, she annoys the hell out of me and makes me want to stab myself, but at the end of the day, it's still her who I wanted to see.

"We have an appointment," I said.

She opened her eyes. "Oh, shit," sabi niya sabay napaupo. "Ngayon na, noh?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Ready?"

She wrinkled her nose. "Wala naman akong choice, 'di ba?"

I shook my head. Hell if I'd let her run from me again.

Gen bought a white dress for today. She insisted on hiding it from me, so I still had no idea on what she would look like. But I knew that she'd look amazing. I'm so fucking in love with her—of course she's always amazing in my eyes.

She shooed me away and made me change in the public CR. Seriously. She's the only one who could make me do things like this.

After I was done changing, I came back to our hut. The door was close. I wanted to wait and to give her time, but we had an appointment.

"Gen," I said after knocking. "Are you done?"

"Wala naman tayong ginawa kung hindi kumain at matulog, pero bakit lumuwag iyong damit ko?" she replied.

"You're forgetting something we always—" I hadn't finished my sentences yet when the door swung open. She was glaring at me kaya natawa ako. "You done?"

"Hindi ako satisfied sa itsura ko," she said, gently biting her lip.

"I'm sure you look fine."

"But it's our wedding day! Dapat maganda ako!" she said like a kid.