Chapter 15: Who Knew?

My heart was racing. Galen was looking at Wolfe with fear and confusion. A hysterical giggle burst from my lips, but thankfully Sasha began to speak. “Your mate here tried to attack me.”

            I stiffened at the word mate. Galen's head snapped towards me. “What's he talking about Reese?”

            “Nothing. He's a crazy dog. Too stupid for his own good.” Wolfe's eyes narrowed and I instantly regretted my words. “I'm sorry Sasha.”

            Surprisingly, Sasha laughed, “Your half right. If I were smart, I would have taken my mate and ran with Wolfe when I had the chance.”

            There was a deep sadness in his voice and his laughter quickly died. His pain broke my heart, and I hugged him without thinking. He stiffened at first, but then I felt his arms come around me. His embrace was warm. It reminded me of the times when my father used to hug me as a child, back when he actually loved me.

            The memory was ripped away when I felt Sasha ripped from my arms. “Don't touch her.”

            Wolfe's deep growl vibrated through me as he pulled me into his chest. He arms were like fire around my waist, and it took all I had not to moan. I had missed his touch so much over the past few weeks. My anger quickly died as I leaned into him.

            I looked up and his brown eyes seemed confused, but once he saw that I was no longer angry his grip tightened and desire burned in his eyes. He ran his fingers down my neck before pulling back my shirt and kissing his mark. Shivers took over my body. I had lost all sense of where we were, until I heard Galen gasp.

            My eyes flew open. He was staring right at my mark. “Galen... It's not what you think.”

            I was so dead. There was no way he would not tell my father everything. Just when I thought my life was over, his face changed. His eyes became softer and a faint smile formed on his face. “How is it even possible?”

            “I don't know, but please. Don't tell anyone.” He nodded and I could not understand. “How are you being so understanding? You hate me.”

            “I don't hate you Reese. I hate your father. I thought you were becoming like him. We used to be friends when we were kids before our fathers gained any power. Now I see that I was wrong. Your father would never approve of this and that is why I am going to help you.” I'm sure my surprise was written all over my face. Galen was not nice. He was a jackass, but there was no denying that he sounded sincere.

            Wolfe was still holding me, but I pried myself from him and stood right in front of Galen. “If you even think about betraying me, I will chop of your favorite appendage.”

             His eyes went wide, before he burst into laughter. I blushed when I realized Sasha and Wolfe were laughing as well. 

            Angrily, I stomped towards the door signaling for Galen to follow me, but not before turning towards Wolfe. He was trying hard not go with me; I could tell by the way his body was tense as Sasha grabbed his arm and whispered into his ear.