Chapter 14: Hide and Seek

Tracking was the most boring part of our training. And now it was even worse. Galen wasn't taking any of this seriously.

            “So babe, why don't you and I get out of here and go find somewhere more private.” He placed his hand on my right thigh and was slowly moving it up word. The touch made me sick, but it also made me yearn for another's touch.

            *

            It had been almost two weeks since I had seen Wolfe. The night I ran, he showed up hours later at my house trying to get me to talk to him, but I just shut my curtains and plugged in my headphones as loud as I could. He tried to push through my barrier all night and I threw up every couple hours from the pain, but I had closed my mind off to the pack and to him.

            Occasionally, I would see a wolf hiding in the woods outside my house, or one of the guys would show up randomly when I was in town. I had wondered if he told them to follow me.  It angered me that we weren't even together and he was still trying to keep me in his bubble of protection.

            *

            “Galen, we are in a bush. It doesn't get any more private than this.” He smirked and his hand got dangerously close to my area before I snatched his hand away.

            Stella got lucky. Patrick and her where setting up a perimeter around the entire town, while I got stuck tracking with Galen. Thankfully this time my anger at Wolfe fueled my powers and they hadn't disappeared like I feared they would. We picked a spot where our tracking spells had told us the Primus last visited. The only down side was that we were hours away from town on the outside of Macon.

            We picked a spot and I manifested a bush around us that bloomed indigenous flowers that covered our scents. I laughed when Galen flinched. He glared at me and didn’t speak to me for hours, but unfortunately boredom got the best of him and decided that flirting with me would entertain him.

            I ignored him and focused on the truck that was sitting in front of the house, we had been watching. I looked old and abandoned, but this was our only lead. The Primus was good at hiding his tracks.

            “So what exactly are we supposed to do if he comes back?” Galen was getting on my nerves.

            “We follow him. Hence the term tracking.” He glared at me, but I didn't care. Seriously was he just stupid or just flat out lazy.

            “Why don't we just kill him.”

            “Because Galen, we can't do it alone. You would die and I would have to carry you back home.” His face was priceless. His skin turned bright red and his eyes bulged out of his head.

            “Are you saying that I couldn't take on a stupid shifter.” Before I could answer someone walked into the clearing, heading towards the house. He was nude until he slipped on a pair of black shorts. “Great you found a house of nudists.”