Chapter 3: A Wolfe on Edge (pic of Jezebel)

(Wolfe's POV)

I was close to turning as I walked down the gravel path of the Cane's family mansion. My wolf was on edge. Not only because that idiot of a man refused to help us, but also because his beautiful daughter had lit some strange new fire in us. Her skin was so warm to touch , and the taste of her mouth was like an ice cold sweet tea on a hot summer day. She was a witch though and not just a witch, but a priestess. Every werewolf  knew that the covens were not to be trifled with. They had powers that could roast a pup in a blink of an eye.

            God I needed to run. I swung a right, heading for the forest edge. I was too tense to stay human for any longer. Already my claws where extending and I could feel my canines sharpen. Before I got to the woods, a powerful urge to turn back consumed me. I felt someone watching me, and when I turned I saw her in the window. She was looking at me with sadness in her beautiful crystal blue eyes. Unthinking, I took a step towards the house, but stopped abruptly. Get yourself together Wolfe.

            Before I could go any further, I ran, turning as soon as I hit the forest edge. My wolf was angry. He wanted the girl, needed her even. If she had been another were, he would have mated with her right then, but she was not which meant that we would never have a future. A whimper escaped my muzzle as the thought crossed my mind. A deep sadness settled over me. To never be able to hold her again would be the worst kind of torture.

            An hour later, I had finished my run and was now standing stark naked in the field in front of the safe house the other rogues and I had acquired. Jezebel was sitting on the porch cleaning her nails with her hunting knife. A seductive smile spread across her face when she saw me walk up.

            “Hey there hot stuff. Have a nice run?” Jezebel was always pinning for me. Ever since we dated two years ago, she got this ridiculous idea about me mating with her. Her tactics had only increased when she became the only other female other than her younger sister Tara in our pack of rogues. I guess she thought that I had no other option, but to mate with her now. Pssh, fat chance that'll ever happen. Especially now after seeing Reese. I'll probably never mate.

            I just ignored her and sighed heavily as I passed. My life was looking lonelier by the second. Unfortunately, Jezebel was never easily deterred. She put herself right in my path, twirling a piece of her long black hair around her finger while simultaneously pushing her cleavage out. “Where's the fire, baby.”

            I was so not in the mood. Before she could register what was happening, I grabbed her arms tightly and threw her across the clearing. Of course it wouldn't hurt her, but she would be pissed when she got up. In case she recovered quickly, I ran inside and up to my room locking the door praying for a little bit of privacy. I fell onto my bed exhausted.

            My mind wander, and I was quickly thinking back to the moment she opened the door and I was lost. Her hair was all piled on top of her hair in the cutest mess I had ever seen, and her pj's left nothing to the imagination. But those eyes; they were deep seas of the most beautiful soul. I could not help but touch her, and then the fire. God that fire lit through me as if I was soaked in gasoline. Groaning, I stood up to go put some clothes on. I was already getting harder every second I thought of her and if I did not get out and do something, I might go looking for her and that would not be good for either of us