Chapter 10: My Freaking Mate

(Wolfe pov)

God she was so infuriating. I just had to have a mate that was so damn stubborn. If she were a wolf, I would have made her stay at home, but she wasn't and she had the nerve to disobey me, her mate! Jason followed right behind me as I bolted out the house shifting midair as I jumped off the porch.

            “What's wrong?” I was too furious to speak. My wolf was begging to take over and drag her sorry butt back here. “Wolfe?”

            I snapped, “What.”

            He flinched at my anger and I instantly felt bad. It wasn't his fault my mate was being ridiculous. It didn't matter that she was some all- powerful Priestess, she was still my mate and so far I had failed at protecting her. This time it would be different.

            Jason realized I had felt guilty about snapping at him, but he knew I wouldn't apologize. The only one I would apologize to was Reese, but as an Alpha, it went against every bone in my body to apologize to anyone other than my mate.

            “Has something happened to Reese.” Hearing her name only pushed me to run fast. My claws dug into the earth and I shot forward leaving Jason behind.

            I tried to talk to Reese through the bond, but she had somehow managed to block me. We finally broke through the trees and I saw Reese get into Stella's car. God she was hot even in all black. I couldn't think about that right now. I couldn't let her go anywhere near the Primus.

            I couldn't hold in my rage any longer. A loud and angry howl ripped through me, but the car sped off causing dirt and gravel to fly behind it.

            Jason nipped at my flanks and I stopped at the edge of the driveway. I couldn't chase her through town. My body was shaking with rage, and Jason was starting to back away from me. I could see fear in his eyes and it only made me angrier.

            “Wolfe, you need to calm down.” I snarled loudly at him and jumped to attack. Somewhere inside me, I realized that my wolf had completely taken over and he was livid.

            I landed on his back and closed my mouth around the scruff of his neck. Jason didn't fight back he just whimpered beneath me and my wolf was satisfied and backed off of Jason. He tried to project calming thoughts through the pack link, and it helped a little. I would feel myself regaining control as I paced the front yard.

            “Wolfe?” Jacob was standing on the front porch looking confused and worried. “What are you doing here?”

            I didn't have any clothes to change into and the ones I had been wearing where laying in shreds at the front of my house. Still I decided to shift and explain why I was there. Jacob wasn't expecting me to suddenly be standing naked in the middle of the yard, but he wanted answers and I was completely comfortable being naked.