23

❝respect is the key to live. love is the key to living.❞

• FLASHBACK CHAPTER •

[MYSTIC FALLS,
1500]

It was a ball, on a beautiful yet cold night, as the moon shined alongside with stars. A brunette who was wearing a mask, walked inside the mansion, her beauty enhanced with fiery red lipstick.

The men turned towards her, some smiling to her politely, some not. The women scowled in jealousy, glaring at her. Alongside the beautiful brunette was a man, new born man, a vampire who was her escort.

The two looked dashing together and some couples were jealous how well they fit together.

The brunette and the man walked to the main hall, greeted by many guests. They were rich, yet that wasn't what the girl wanted. The girl didn't want money, she wanted to feel loved. The thing that this man could not offer her.

"It's a pleasure to have you, Mr. Geral along with your beautiful wife." A man, a rich man James Wonderhal greeted the pair, James was the host of this particular ball.

"Thank you." The man bowed as his wife curtseyed. "Thank you for having us." She spoke to James and he was intrigued by the sound of her voice. Almost angelic. "Darling should we dance?" The woman asked her husband, William Geral the new vampire.

William took her hand and escorted her to the dance floor as the two danced. The woman felt no attraction towards the man, she played with his feelings.

As the music stopped the woman curtseyed to her husband as he bowed. "I will be back soon, love." He said and went to talk with some other guests leaving the woman completely alone. She took of her mask and walked away from the main hall as she reached under her dress pulling out a tiny flask as she drank the liquid.

"May I dance with you, Miss Young?" She turned around hiding the flask as she saw the host, James looking at her. She was beautiful.

"I don't think my husband would support that idea." She smiled, walking closer to him. "Would you excuse me?" She left back to the main hall, a mission of trying to find William.

But then she saw him outside, yelling at someone. She frowned and ran outside as her breath hitched. "William?" She asked as he turned pushing her behind his back as if it would protect her.

She pushed his hands away and saw him. "William we must go." She tugged on her husband's hand but he did not budge.

"Not until I teach him some manners." William said to her as she groaned. "Now's not the time to be cocky."

William pushed her away as she fell down to the grass. Elijah looked at her before back at William. "Teach me some manners? Come on then."

William charged at him with his new abilities but Elijah was stronger. He grabbed  his hands and spun him to the grass which made William groan as Elijah held his throat. "I'm an original. Show a little respect."

With one hit, the woman's husband was dead. He was gone and because of the certain original.

"Oh stop with that face Veronica." Elijah said looking at her as she grabbed William's hands, looking at Elijah. "Are you going to help me or not?"