17

❝when I'm with you, I feel safe from the things that hurt me inside❞

C H A P T E R   S E V E N T E E N

Kol hadn't attempted to talk to her, and he was just mad at himself. Reese was right, the truth would break her heart. Usually Kol doesn't listen what people think, but now he should've. It has been three days since he reversed the compulsion. "What are you doing, Elijah? Trying to impress her, after you buried her alive?" Kol asked the two walked outside after a nice meal. 

"I'm not trying to impress the girl." He said back, a slight smile on his face. Kol looked at him as they reached the backyard. "After all, you broke her, and now I'm trying to heal her." Elijah said as he walked upstairs, leaving Kol alone. 

"Veronica?" Elijah called at her as he opened the doors, revealing her in the bed, the sheets over her body. He looked at her and saw that her eyes were closed. He sat down next to her, looking at her. Niklaus nor Rebekah had not been at home before Kol came, and Elijah expected them to come soon, since Veronica could use some girl talk from Rebekah. 

He stood up biting back a smile as he walked out of the room, closing the doors behind him. Veronica opened her eyes, as she looked around the room, he had left already. She stood up walking out of her room, careful not to make any unnecessary noise. Opening the door to the room where Reese was. Kol was trying to convince Elijah to let Reese out of the chains but Elijah hadn't warmed up to the idea yet. 

She walked inside closing the doors as Reese looked up, "Veronica?" She smiled dragging a chair in front of him as she sat down. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry.." He said quietly looking down at his feet. Veronica only smiled as she lift up his head, holding a blood bag in her hand. She teared it open, and held it to his mouth. "It's okay, just drink it." She said to him as he nodded. There was still something that she hadn't told the Original family, about Reese. 

He drank the blood from the bag quickly, as Veronica placed it down to the floor. She saw the look Reese gave to her, and she sighed. "I told you, it's okay." But the look in his face didn't change. "It's not your fault, it's out mother who did this to you. I wanted to turn you, I really did. But then you told me what she had done to you, and was planning to do it to me. And what you did to her. I owe you my life, brother." She said to him sincerely, as a tiny smile was forming on his lips. 

Reese nodded a bit, as Veronica smiled even wider. "And I forgive you, for not telling me. It wasn't your job to tell me that I knew Kol first."

"I don't want you to keep continuing this. I don't want to drink.." He said to her as Veronica nodded understanding him. "It's okay. I can't exactly tell them what's happening, and how you survive. They wouldn't give you blood. I'm your only choice of surviving, and I want you to drink." Reese leaned his forehead on hers as he sighed. "You said you owe me your life, when it's the other way."

Veronica smiled closing her eyes as she kissed his cheek. "I love you, and I always will. No matter what you did to me, you're the only family I have left. Do you remember when you found me outside their ball? When Damon came and snapped your neck? Do you remember what I said?"

He nodded as Veronica stood up, taking the now empty blood bag from the floor. She walked to the doors, but turning around giving him one more look. "I'll get you out of those chains."

She walked out and closed the doors as she sighed in relief. She looked in her left, and then right and her eyes widened, as she put her hands behind her back. "Elijah." Veronica breathed out nervously, as he smiled a bit. "What did you talk to him about?" 

"Nothing, just talking." She said to him, looking into his eyes and she swore Elijah's gaze was on the floor behind her. She looked down at her feet, and saw a few blood drops. 

Elijah nodded as he walked past her, taking the blood bag from her hands. He looked at it then at Veronica who looked slightly scared. "Tell me what is this then?"

Veronica bit her lip looking at the blood bag which was dripping to the marble floors as she sighed. "Just blood."

"Just blood?"

"Well... My blood."