7

❝i can't do anything right, but i do know the difference between what's right and wrong.❞

C H A P T E R   S E V E N

Veronica opened her eyes slowly as she adjusted to the brightness due to the early morning sun. She thanked the witches for her daylight ring, or she'd never see the sun anymore.

She turned to her side closing her eyes until she opened them again. Her eyes widening as she let out a surprised shriek, seeing Elijah sitting across her on a chair.

"Elijah!" She half yelled brushing her hair out of her face. "What in the world are you doing here?"

Elijah looked down at his hands. "Just making sure you'll be alright." Veronica almost smiled but stopped herself. She knew it would only cause her trouble.

"Should I thank you or should I throw you out of my room. Literally." She said to him as she stood up, her robe hugging her body as she tightened it. "Oh Elijah," Veronica said walking in front of him as he stood up. "Remember all those times we had? Fantastic." She bit her lip looking at him.

"Wish I could say the same." Elijah said harshly and Veronica looked into his eyes. It hurt that the man she loved maybe even still loves hurts you emotionally and physically.  She blinked a few times as she walked past him, bumping into his shoulder slightly. Veronica walked around the house as she saw a door slightly open.

Frowning she took careful steps towards it as she pushed the door open as it let out a creak.

Niklaus turned around from his seat a painting canvas in front of him, his face slightly covered in pastel colors. Veronica looked around the room, as she saw various of paintings, all different types but yet the same.

"They're beautiful." Veronica muttered, as she ran her fingers over a one painting of a horse. She looked at another one, a city and a sunset behind it. Niklaus watched her carefully, his emotions all over the place.

"Did you paint these?" Veronica turned to him, her lips slightly parted in amazement. Niklaus looked down at his help where his hands rested with a paint brush before looking back again with a slight smirk on his face.

Veronica smiled widely, "You're an great artist." She walked next to him looking at his art work he was working on. "What is it?"

Niklaus looked at her and then to the canvas. "I'm not sure yet." Veronica nodded as she turned around to leave, her silky robe flowing in the wind as Niklaus called her, making her stop and turn around. "Good morning." He said to her before turning back to work again.

Veronica smiled closing the door behind her. "Good morning Niklaus." She whispered walking back to her room, seeing that Elijah had left. She wondered what would've happened if it wasn't Elijah on that day the day they first met, but instead Niklaus. Would she have fallen in love with him? She wouldn't know.

After getting dressed up she walked to the porch and the tiny yard as she sighed. Sometimes she wished Elijah never turned her. But she was blinded with love and warmth, she didn't think straight. They were hopelessly in love with each other.

She felt angry, angry with herself.

○○○

Leaning her head back Veronica licked her lips as the body of the young boy fell down, drained of blood. She looked down at the body as she shrugged. She was never one to like violence. Yet she loved sword fighting, which she used to a lot with Elijah behind their parents backs. But ever since she turned, violence came apart of her life. Veronica got used to it.

"Be kind and don't leave a line of bodies behind you." Veronica chuckled, stepping over the body. "Yes, of course Mr. Mikaelson."

Elijah narrowed his eyes at her, a bit taken a back. Sometimes he wondered if he still loved her. No matter what they always found their way back together, even after several attempts of trying to kill each other. Of course Elijah couldn't be killed but Veronica could. That's why Elijah never and wouldn't never kill her even if he had the chance.

"That doesn't sound convincing, Ms. Young." Elijah said back and Veronica was the one who was surprised. She hummed as she walked closer to him. "Say Elijah, how about we bury the axe and start over?"

Elijah looked at her, his gaze on her eyes and occasionally falling to her lips. Looking back into her hazel eyes Elijah raised his brows, tilting his head a bit.

"I'll consider it." He said to her as Veronica nodded, that was as close to yes she could get.