20

❝it's okay if you don't love me back but just give me a chance to make you understand how much i love you❞

• C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y •

Reese was beyond nervous to meet the actual original family. He never thought about it, how strong they really were. He was just overpowered with rage and anger towards them and her sister. "Reese Young! I believe you're on on your right mind now?" Niklaus' voice rang through the whole living room as Reese breathed out seeing him and his sister step inside. Rebekah Mikaelson, and his breath hitched. "Yeah, I believe so." He said looking at Rebekah mostly, as Elijah stepped inside as well. 

Veronica smiled leaving the trio alone as she took Elijah's hand and walked him to the pool outside. "Elijah, we need to talk."

She sat down to the edge of the pool, her bare legs playing with the blue, cold water. "What is it?" He asked softly, grabbing her small hand in his, as he stroked it gently. "What are we?" She asked, frowning a bit as she managed to lift her head and see the reaction Elijah offers. 

"Do you even have to ask?" He asked her smiling a bit as he placed a kiss on her knuckles. "Do you remember when we first met?" 

"How could I forget?" She said back at him as she smiled before continuing, "I was trying to reach the apples and you scared me."

"It wasn't my intention." He said as Veronica chuckled. "I remember seeing you from afar, desperately trying to reach the red apples. Before that I saw you many times in the village, but I didn't have to courage to come and talk to you. At the clearing I mustered up the courage and when you turned to see who was talking to you," He trailed off, looking at her. 

"What?"

"You were the most beautiful creature I had ever seen." Veronica blushed as she smiled widely. 

"I remember how flustered I was when a handsome man was talking to me. I didn't know what to do, and when you kissed my hand. I knew I wanted to meet you again, and I'm glad I did." She smiled at the long lost memory. "Should I talk to Kol? I'm not sure what to do with your brother. It's all complicated, he erased my memories just before you came and turned me."

"I can't exactly give you any advise on this problem. You just.. need to follow your heart I think." He said a bit unsure about the whole situation. Elijah was still a bit uncomfortable, that Kol talked, met and touched her first. Even though he shouldn't be jealous, but he can't help it. Many men have tried to capture her heart in the past while she was oblivious to them. What he didn't know that she only saw him and him only. The two were meant to be together, no matter what.

"But what if I don't know what my heart says? What if, he doesn't want to talk to me, what if--" Elijah interrupted her, "Stop asking yourself, 'what if', you can never know what happens next. Do it, if you feel like talking to him. If it doesn't workout then just stop trying. He'll come around eventually, Kol is a bit.. stubborn."

Veronica smiled as she gave him a peck on the lips. "This is why, I love talking to you." Elijah looked inside and saw Reese and Rebekah talking. 

"I see my sister is already hopelessly flirting with your brother." Elijah frowned a bit as Veronica smiled. She hoped that the two would become a couple. After Alice Reese needed someone else to count on than just her sister. Veronica couldn't always be there for him, she can try but sometimes it wouldn't just work out.