11

❝don't deny your love for her. it's only pushing her more and more away from you.❞

C H A P T E R E L E V E N

As the silhoutte came nearing them from the shadows, Niklaus placed a hand in front of Veronica. "Get back love."

A chuckle was heard as Veronica looked over Niklaus' shoulder. "Hello little sister. Found a new bodyguard?" Her body shivered in fear hearing her older brother voice.

She stepped next to Niklaus who gave her a warning look but she ignored it. Veronica looked sternly at him. "Not my bodyguard. I'm able to take care of myself." She spat but she knew he could tell that she was frightened. Even thought she lied about taking care of herself which she knows she sometimes isn't capable of, she still glared at him.

"Oh yeah? Didn't seem like that the last time we met." Reese said smirking slightly as he looked around. Veronica scoffed, looking at him. "Uh'uh, yet over 800 years younger managed to snap your neck."

Reese chuckled lowly, as he looked at the originals. His gaze landed on Elijah as the corners of his mouth twitched upwards. "Elijah Mikaelson," He breathed out as he daw Elijah tense a bit. "Long time no see. Last time I saw you.." He trailed off nodding to himself.

Niklaus frowned turning to look at Elijah with a questioning look but he only shook his head. Niklaus looked at Veronica and then back at her brother. "You must be the famous Reese Young?" Niklaus' voice carried in the back yard, as Reese turned to him.

"I would consider leaving before something bad happens." Niklaus said tilting his head a bit, as Veronica looked up at him, and then back to her brother.

"Sure." Reese said which surprised her. She narrowed her eyes at him, looking into his. He wasn't convincing, something was oddly off. Veronica's eyes widened, using her inhuman strength she pushed Elijah, Rebekah and Niklaus away smashing them against a wall. She turned quickly running to her brother, who reacted fast. Reese pinned the girl down who hissed at him, showing her fangs.

"So unpolite." Reese scoffed holding her down as Veronica kicked him away with her strength quickly running to him as she threw him once again.

She breathed heavily as her brother rose from the ground. He tilted his neck making it pop as his eyes were revealed now. "Do you really want to go against me sister?"

Veronica breathed in and out looking at him. Suddenly Elijah came and snapped his neck, as Veronica frowned a bit. Elijah about to rip out his heart Veronica yelled. "Elijah, don't!"

He looked up confused. "Isn't this what you wanted? For us to kill him?" Veronica looked at her brothers face.

Elijah sighed rolling up his sleeves. "There isn't a second option."

Veronica scowled, as she walked to Elijah stepping over her brother's body. She got in front of his face. "A second option? So I'm an exception?"

Elijah frowned looking into her eyes. He couldn't look away, the thing he loved the most about her was her hazel eyes. Veronica saw that he looked confused so she decided to continue. "You don't remember? I'd remember if I buried someone alive." She whispered lowly before dragging her brothers body inside.

Elijah closed his eyes for a second and Rebekah went after Veronica. Niklaus walked to him, looking at the door the two girls just went inside. "Seems like Reese over there knew you? Care to share?"

Elijah shook his head walking inside as well. However Niklaus was determined to find out what happened between Veronica and the noble Mikaelson.

○○○

Veronica sat across Reese's body, she had tied him down with ropes and injected tons of vervain and wolfsbane in his system. She knew he would be mad, beyond mad but Veronica had to do this.

She looked at him waiting for him to wake up as a concerned Elijah leaned against a door frame behind her. He didn't know what to say after what she said. He would have to explain it soon enough why he did what he had to. Veronica had done worse things to him, and burying her alive not even a feet below the surface was worse compared to her actions. At least that's what Elijah thought.

"We should've killed him." Elijah said as Veronica bobbed her leg up and down rapidly, a habit she also had.

"I know." She whispered, still looking at her brother. Veronica knew it, her life could've been so much easier, but she realised something. Even though she was literally a blood vacuum, she would never harm her family unlike her brother. Killing him would make her far worse than he is. And she didn't want that.

"I can do all the talking love, seems like I'm good at that." Niklaus' voice rang loudly in the room as Veronica stood up to stop him from reaching Reese.

"I'll torture him on my own, thank you very much." She spat, as Niklaus' eyes hardened. "Fine have it your way."