9

❝behind this soft exterior, lies a warrior.❞

F L A S H B A C K C H A P T E R

[MYSTIC FALLS,
SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE,
2010]

Veronica hummed an old song she heard a decade back. She wasn't good at singing so she didn't even bother. But music always found their way to her heart.

She walked inside the large house as she saw Damon and Stefan in the living room, but the others were unknown to her.

"Leila." Damon breathed out as Veronica looked around. "Here to help." She said shrugging a bit, as she sat down next to a blonde, beautiful vampire. She waved her fingers at her, a smirk on her face. "Hello."

The blonde vampire looked away, as Veronica sighed. "I'm here to help, it's the truth Damon." Damon pursed his lips together, Veronica and the Salvatore siblings first met a few years ago. They knew she was a strong vampire but they didn't know anything about her, for an example they didn't know how old she is.

Veronica clapped her hands once together as she pointed at Damon. "And Damon, dear. Only call me Leila when we are around them."

Damon pursed his lips together slightly nodding, as Veronica turned to the blonde vampire. "Hi we haven't been properly introduced, who are you?"

The vampire smiled a bit. "Caroline." Veronica nodded turning to the brunette girl in front of her. "And you must be the doppelgänger, Elena. Pleasure."

Elena nodded whilst pursing her lips as Veronica looked around the Salvatore boarding house. She wondered what would happen at the Mikaelson ball. Would he notice her presence? What should she do if he does?

"Veronica? A word?" Stefan said stopping her thoughts as Veronica nodded as the two walked outside to the porch.

"What Stefan?" Veronica asked placing her hands on her hips. She looked at him as he was about to speak until she interrupted him. "Do you think I'm not here to help you? That simply I'm here to take your precious doppelgänger and deliver her to Niklaus himself?" Veronica raised her eyebrows challenging the vampire. Stefan's mouth was parted slightly and Veronica knew that that was exactly what he was thinking of.

"You did, didn't you?" Veronica scoffed, as she brushed her hair out of her face. "No Stefan, I'm here to help." She lied. She was there to help them, but yet she wasn't. She wanted her brother to come here so they could try and capture him. Maybe even kill if she was capable. It would be worth a try.

"How do you think you can help us Veronica?" Stefan yelled slightly back and Veronica lost it.

"Because Stefan! I'm stronger than any of you!" She yelled getting close to his face as Stefan looked into her eyes. "Because Stef, I'm over thousand years old."

Stefan's eyes widened a bit, as Veronica looked down at her hands, she wasn't supposed to give any information about her and why she is here. But it just slipped due to her anger.

"I.." Stefan started but Veronica held her hands in the air, scrunching her brows together. "No Stefan, just don't."