6

❝just have a little faith❞

C H A P T E R S I X

"I believe Niklaus has told you why I am here." Veronica looked at the blonde, beautiful original who only nodded. "Yes, Niklaus has shared the information with me. I just don't understand why'd you come back into the same house as Elijah?"

Veronica's eyes widened and her lips parted as Rebekah smiled a bit. "I know about your and Elijah's past. You thought that it was a secret but I saw you once.. once when we were human."

Veronica smiled looking down until she met her eyes again. "I think we'll be good friends." Rebekah smiled, as she turned around leaving the room.

Veronica didn't believe it would actually be this easy to convince Niklaus that the deal had to be made. It was easy, to be honest. Which confused her. Sighing she opened the silky pink robe from the knot as fell down to the floor.

She grabbed jeans and a black shirt, as she pulled the pants on. She looked over her shoulder sighing again. "Niklaus." Veronica said as she buttoned her jeans, her bare back facing him. "What is it?" She asked as she turned around after she had put on the shirt.

Niklaus was still looking at her with a slight smirk, until he raised his brows. "Well it seems like your murderous brother is getting closer."

Veronica smiled as he frowned. "I'm glad." She said surprising him. Niklaus' expression immediately turned hard and scary as he looked at the girl who was almost as old as he is. Veronica laughed noticing his face, she waved her hands in the air. "No Niklaus, I am glad because now I finally have a chance." She said to him as Niklaus looked at her. "A chance to kill him."

Veronica knew that Niklaus would be an important piece of her plan. Maybe he can kill her brother, for good.

"I think I'll head outside. Would you care to join me?" She asked Niklaus slightly smirking at him. He shrugged, following after her. "Well you need my protection anyway."

Veronica scoffed looking at him as she turned around to meet his gaze. "I think it's the opposite."

Niklaus chuckled as the two walked outside as Elijah looked at them. Somehow Niklaus was happy and Elijah saw it.

○○○

"Rousseau's?" Veronica frowned, looking at the bar where they stood in front of.

Niklaus walked inside as did Veronica, as she sat down leaning on her head on her palms as Niklaus went to get them something to drink. She huffed, looking towards the bar where she saw him talking with a really beautiful blonde girl, laughing with her.

She turned her head only to see a dark skinned man smiling down at her. Veronica leaned back on her seat looking at him. "Can I sit here?" He asked as Veronica didn't say anything, only nodded.

He smiled sitting down looking at the girl. "Marcel." He extended his arm at her as she stared at his eyes and then his extended arm. His eyes held something weird, she didn't know what it was.

Smiling she shook his head leaning on her palms again. "Veronica."

Marcel huffed, smiling a bit. "I know who you are. I know your brother is hunting you. I know he's gonna kill you." Veronica shrugged flickering her gaze towards the mysterious man.

"He can try." She said, looking over at Niklaus who was looking at her. His gaze was hard and it made her shiver.

Looking back at Marcel, she frowned. "What does it matter to you? That my own brother is about to kill me?"

Marcel looked back at her. "Nothing just wanted to see if it's true." With that he stood up and walked outside the bar, Veronica's gaze never leaving his retreating silhoutte.

She looked outside the window and she could've sworn she saw his eyes staring at hers. Quickly standing up from her seat she ran outside but didn't see him. Is this it? She thought. Am I officially gone insane?

She brushed her hair back as Niklaus stood by her. "What's wrong love?" He asked leaning against a light pole.

Veronica licked her lips shaking her head, his eyes. She saw his eyes everytime she closed hers. It was like a never ending nightmare. "It's nothing.. nothing."

Niklaus nodded slightly as the two had walked back to the Mikaelson's house. He saw that Veronica was still shaking, but he didn't know what caused it. Maybe fear.

Niklaus had escorted Veronica back all the way to her room as she turned around smiling at him. "Thank you for your non-existent company, I appreciated it." She said sarcastically about to close the double doors until he put his foot between them. Veronica sighed opening the door.

"Niklaus what do you want?" She asked, holding the door handles. Niklaus leaned against the door frame shrugging. "If you do not know what you want, then leave."

Niklaus smiled a bit, it was weird that one minute the girl was emotional, then violent and sweet. It was as if they were the same.

"Good night, love." He said turning around leaving the girl alone. Veronica closed her eyes and smiled.

"Good night, Niklaus."

YES THIS IS A ELIJAH FANFIC JUST WAIT