4

❝feelings are overrated.❞

C H A P T E R   F O U R

Klaus had given Veronica a room considering that their place was huge. She was glad about it even though it was nervewrecking being in the same house as two originals, who both were really handsome.

She walked to the bath tub as she slid down her silky robe as she slid down to the warm water. She turned her head and saw Elijah looking at her for a brief moment before he walked in the bathroom as well.

"Veronica why are you here?" Elijah asked, and being the noble one he kept his eyes on hers even though she was exposed in the tub.

"Why not?" She asked lifting her feet on the edge of the tub. She clicked her tongue pointing at Elijah. "Maybe I'm here to kill you, since you tried to kill me."

Elijah raised his brows as his eyebrows lifted. "In my defense, you tried to kill me."

Veronica shrugged, looking at him. "Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact that you almost killed me." Elijah pursed his lips together as Veronica stood up from her bath, yet Elijah looked into her eyes rather than her exposed body.

He took a towel and handed it to her as she gladly took it and wrapped it around her body. "Don't be afraid Elijah, once more I'm not here for you. I'm here for Niklaus." She yelled as she walked to her room putting clothes on, as Elijah sighed walking away as well.

Veronica sighed as she pulled on her shirt as she sat down on the bed. She couldn't believe it, that Elijah is here even though she knew that this would happen if she'd go to Klaus. But she hated this, she hated that her brother would go this extreme over something stupid. For something she didn't even do. But Reese didn't let her explain, he doesn't do that, he doesn't think. He acts.

She wiped under her eyes as she frowned bringing her hand down, looking at it. It was wet and warm. She scrunched her brows together in confusion, as she wiped her eyes. Veronica wasn't one to cry, after she was turned. Reese was the most sensitive in their family. Their father was too harsh raising them, even their mother. But their mother understood, their father didn't.

She heard footsteps as she sniffed quickly wiping her eyes as she walked to the doorframe leaning against it. "Hello there."

Niklaus looked up a some sort of a smile on his face. "It seems like you and my noble brother have some history?" Veronica shrugged as she walked to him, snatching the glass from his hands as she sat down on a black leather armchair.

"Why does it concern you?" She raised one brow as she smirked at him. "Your noble of a brother tried to turn me in which almost killed me. In return I tried to kill him, and he buried me alive."

Niklaus' eyes widened a bit, he wouldn't have believed that his brother who was a bit kinder than him would bury anyone alive. Niklaus of course knew that Elijah would kill with no remorse. "Very romantic." Veronica laughed making Niklaus slightly smile but he hid it quickly.

"Me and your brother.. yes we had a past. Before you were changed, before your family became the original vampires." Veronica said drinking the blood from the glass she had snatched away from Niklaus' hands.

Niklaus looked at her as he sat down as well. Usually he wouldn't behave like this, but he saw that she was an important piece of Elijah's life.

"Why haven't my family met you?" Niklaus asked as he poured himself a drink, not alcohol but blood.

"You're not so smart, are you?" She asked tilting her head a bit. "We kept it in secret. And to answer more spefically at your question, yes I have never met you. Or your mother, father, sister, or some of your other siblings. But I have met three of you by now."

Niklaus turned towards her, as he leaned his hands on his thighs. "What?"

"I've met this one.. Kol I believe." She smirked before standing up as she walked to her room, closing the double doors behind her.

○○○

She put the same robe on her body as she was only wearing undergarments. She secured it on her body as she opened the door to the balcony, leaning on the railing. Veronica always admired beautiful things, such as a pretty view. Which is what she was seeing now.

Veronica did indeed meet Kol once. She was in Mystic Falls, her hometown when she heard Niklaus was there. She attented the ball the Mikaelson's held, but the catch was that she was wearing a mask. Veronica couldn't risk that they'd know who she is, especially when her brother was there too. She planned on killing him, but tried to contain her emotions, because she deeply loves her older brother.

She turned around seeing an unfamiliar blonde. "Rebekah I assume?" She said looking at the girl.

"Veronica Young. Never thought I'd actually see you." Veronica smirked at her words, as she walked inside.

"You thought wrong."