tgej || eight

Third Person's POV

"Get a room already, or do it in the janitors' closet!"

That was the last straw. 

Kim got up and ran. 

Gabriel didn't even notice since he was so caught up in what they were saying.

"You are just a waste of space!" Father spat, as he whipped Kim with his belt.

"Dad, stop!" fourteen year old Kim screamed, tears streaming down my face.

"Shut up you inutilem filiae ( useless daughter ) ! Bitch! The least you could do is be useful!" His eyes gleamed in excitement, and Kim backed up against the wall.

"N-n-no dad, a-anyt-thing but t-that." Kim whimpered, eyes widening.

"I told you, NO FRIENDS! Did you listen? NO! So what makes you think I'll listen to you?"

"STOP!" Kim screamed like a banshee as he ripped her clothes off. 

That night, he wasn't only ripping her clothes off.

He was also ripping the hope she had for her father's love and her mother's return.

She cried, her concealer no longer serving its purpose.

Just like any other books, she was swallowing in her own misery in the girl's bathroom.

Cliché.

"You look like shit."

"Thanks captain obvious." Kim laughed bitterly, the memory terrorizing her slightly. 

Shaking her head, she grabbed some tissue from her bag and handed it to Kim.

"The toilet paper here aren't clean, according to mom. Use it. Oh, and you're welcome."

Kim reached for the tissue, and smiled gratefully. "Thanks."

"No problem Kim. Ignore what others think and just be you, alright?" Kim nodded.

"See you around, Lana."

Lana was shocked.

"She knows me?" 

"Yeah, see you around too. Hopefully not like this."

Lana left the restroom, and Kim sighed. The bell went off and she groaned.

"Fuck math, I don't feel like solving equations which we won't apply on a daily basis."

"Are you in there, Kim?" A familiar voice asked, and Kim's eyes widened.

It was Gabriel.

"Anyone in there?" Kim didn't even dare to move, much less, breathe.

"I'm coming in anyway." Gabriel entered and looked around. 

His eyes finally landed on Kim, and he ran towards Kim and hugged her like his life depended on it. "Don't scare me like that princess."

"I'm sorry for being a fucking burden, a fucking mistake, a fucking whore. I don't even know what to do with life anymore, Gabe. I'm scared, what if I don't graduate? What if he finds me? W-W-What i-if-"

"Who? Who's the he?" Kim could feel his muscle tensing due to her tight clutch onto his shirt. 

Kim's breathing became more erratic, and he ran soothing circles around her back.

"It's fine if you don't want to talk about it, princess. Shh, you're okay now. C'mon, let's get you home."

***

"No matter how busy a person might be, if they really care they'll always find time for you."

***

Last edited - 27 October 2017