tgej || six

Third Person's POV

"So," Kim started, trying to calm the tension between her and Gabriel. "Any girls hitting on you yet?"

"Real smooth, Kim. Real smooth."

"Yeah. Not interested though." Gabe shrugged it off, and stared into Kim's eyes.

She was not what he expected her to be.

He could feel all his attraction towards her seeping out of his pores, but yet there was another feeling he felt while staring deep into her ocean eyes.

Determination.

"That's the chemistry lab." Kim broke the eye contact and pointed out. "And that," Kim pointed to the room opposite the chemistry lab "is the physics lab." Gabe nodded.

Kim knew Gabe was disappointed. It felt as though someone had repeatedly crushed and ripeed her heart, over and over.

He saw the hurt behind her eyes.

She saw the disgust behind his eyes.

Yet, she'd failed to see the pity and guilt, shining softly behind the disgust he'd mistakenly displayed.

"He thinks I'm a slut now. He's going to leave, like the rest."

Gabriel is determined to change Kim. 

"I won't repeat the same mistake twice. I can't afford to."

All that's heard was Kim's heels making contact with the concrete floor.

"You're going to leave me, aren't you." 

It wasn't a question.

It was a statement.

"No."

"You despise me, don't you."

"No."

"You think I shouldn't exist, do you."

"Yes."

Kim shattered even more if possible, and forced the tears back.

"Don't cry. You've been through worse than this."

"You should and you need to exist, because you're here for a reason. You met me for a reason. You're surviving for a reason. You didn't choose your life, and you definitely did not define yourself into... this."

Both of them stopped walking as their eyes locked together.

"Your past defined you."

Kim had never encountered someone as comforting as him, other than Lilly. She could no longer hold it back; she lunged at him, sobbing.

Gabriel immediately hugged her back, providing her the comfort she so desperately needed.

He wasn't going to make the same mistake, twice.

He's going to fix her.

***

"I heard Gabriel and Kim left school after lunch yesterday."

"Damn, his first day in and they hooked up already?"

"Wow, what a man whore."

Gabriel stopped dead in his tracks, yet everyone's muttering never ceased one bit.

His blood boiled as he clenched his fists, breathing heavily.

He's tired of people talking about him.