tgej || one

Third Person's POV

Nobody sees.

Sitting in front of her dresser, Kim took the brush and applied pink blusher powder onto her cheeks.

Nobody cares.

Putting the brush down, she took those fake, long eyelashes and placed it onto her eyelashes. 

She doesn't think it's long enough.

Nobody seems to care how much it affects her.

Because no one bothers.

Looking at herself in the mirror, she was far from satisfied.

Her black smoky eye made her eyes stand out too much. It made her look too intimidating. 

Her black eyeliner wasn't perfectly perfect either.

Her hair. She finds it disgusting.

Her red lips. She finds them gross.

Her body. She feels ashamed.

But no one seems to notice what she really was behind the thick layer of make-up.

Neither do they bother to.

She assessed herself through the body-length mirror.

Black crop top with blue high-waisted shorts that barely covered her butt cheeks.

She felt like a slut.

But she is a slut.

Kim swallowed the bile that rose up her throat.

"I have a reputation to live up to."

***

Kim stuck her right leg out, just in time for the school nerd to trip over it. The tray of food in her hands went flying, and onto the ground.

She had never felt so mean in her life.

"Aw, the school nerd can't watch where she's going?" She teased. Almost all the students in the cafeteria roared with laughter.

She felt guilty.

Tears started to form in her eyes due to the humiliation she'd gotten from her schoolmates. She picked herself up, quickly running to the nearest restroom.

She had to do this everyday.

"That was hilarious, as usual!"

She hates it.

"Dude, did you see her face? She was as red as a tomato!"

She despises it.

"I'll pick you up at seven. Wear something sexy."

"But it's my job."

"Sure." She replied the blonde. She doesn't remember his name, neither does she want to.

"I love your outfit, Kim!"

True friends were something she lacked. 

These cheerleader girls are fake friends. 

They were with her simply because of her popularity.

"Obviously. Hey Lilly, I heard you've been hooking up consistently with the jet black hair guy." She allowed her words to be laced with venom.

She was happy for her best friend, her only true friend.

But she couldn't express it. Not in front of everyone.

"I have a reputation to live up to."

"I think I love him, Kim." Lilly confessed quietly.

The table had gone quiet, and all Kim wanted to do was squeal and talk about it like any best friend would.

But she couldn't, all because of the mindset she have.

"I have a reputation to live up to."

"You're not good enough for him." Kim bit her tongue, the lie slowly eating her.

"What?" It was barely a whisper, but Kim caught it.

"She said you're not good enough for Mike!" Another brunette said, as the lie took a big bite onto her gut. 

Kim swallowed, feeling guilty.

But jealousy covered her guilt. She was jealous of Lilly.

Unlike her, she didn't have a reputation to hold. She found love. She wasn't a slut.

In fact, Lilly was a reverse of Kim.

She knew that Mike and Lilly were practically made for each other.

Tick tock.

"I have a reputation to live up to."

"If that's what you think, Kim." Lilly stood up as Kim stared at the table, unable to look up at her. "But guess what?" Kim took a chance and looked at Lilly in the eye. "I don't care. Anymore." Lilly walked away, feeling utterly disappointed in her best friend.

"Kim, come on. Why are you torturing yourself?"

She was letting her past get to her head.

She wasn't letting it go.

She's doing the opposite instead.

"Excellent job, Kim. Wonderful. You've just lost a friend who know you better than anyone else. Congrats."

Lilly knew her inside out.

But Kim had ruined it, just to keep up with something that wouldn't matter after they left high school.

"Is it really worth it?"

***

"You knew exactly what you were doing. That's what hurt the most."

***

last edited - 25 October 2017