16

I arrived home after Natasha dropped me off. Luca wasn't home so she just left after I entered the house. I noticed a familiar smell, and then turned on the lights and froze in shock.

"Alice?" I shouted. "What are you doing here?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alice spoke.

"I – uh, didn't think it was important?" I replied, Noah still on my mind.

"You didn't think Bella's death was important?" she scoffed.

"Death, what, what are you talking about?" I stuttered.

"I had a vision that Bella drowned, she died. You're supposed to be looking after her!" she shouted.

"I was just with her today, she's not dead. I smelled her as we passed her house." I responded. "I am looking after her!"

Alice ran out the door and towards Bella's house, and I followed.

"Bella!" Alice shouted.

"Alice!" Bella freaked out and ran to hug her and then apologized.

After Alice told Bella of her vision, Bella explained that she didn't drown, she was only cliff diving because that's what people are doing nowadays. I shook my head at Bella and then tensed up when Jacob appeared out of nowhere. Jacob and Alice were throwing remarks at one another until the phone rang.

Jacob walked over to answer it and then we continued talking with Bella. We turned around at the sound of Jacob whispering something about a bloodsucker. Alice then had a vision of Edward, and Bella kicked Jacob out the house because it had been Edward on the phone. Alice explained her vision. I wanted to go with them, but Bella asked I watch over Charlie because Victoria was still coming in and out of town.

Jacob took off, and so I made my way to the house once I heard Nicola's car. I explained the situation and Carla shook her head.

"Love causes so many problems."

"Relax, babe. We caused trouble as well in our times." Nicola slightly grinned as they made their way over to the Swan's house when they heard his car pull up.

"Hey," I called to Luca. "Can I ask you something."

"Shoot." He said as we sat in the kitchen.

"What did you tell Noah? The day he had grabbed me by the arms." I wondered.

"The truth. That you just needed some time, you didn't want to hurt him because it's happened once before with someone else you used to like." Luca stated.

"And what did Noah say?" I bit my lower lip.

"He seemed to understand, and well, he isn't bothering you anymore is he?" Luca asked.

I shook my head. "Thank you, brother."

"How was your night out with Angela and Natasha?" Luca asked after a few moments of silence.

"It was fun." I grinned. "Took my mind off of things. But now there's more trouble with the Cullen family and Bella."

"When isn't there trouble?" Luca snickered, causing me to chuckle.