10

A couple of days later, after hearing nothing from the Cullen family, we finally received a call. Carla told us all quickly. James had lured Bella by pretending he had her mother. Laurent left to Denali, not wanting to be with James and Victoria anymore. James bit Bella, but Edward and the others arrived in time. Edward sucked the venom out, and she is now in the hospital with a broken leg and some cuts.

We all sent our best wishes and left some flowers with Chief Swan because he had been very worried. We kept him company and took care of him. Once Carla arrived to help Charlie, I left because I had plans with Noah. Charlie was feeling better once Carla mentioned Bella still wanted to stay here and would be arriving in a couple of hours.

I smiled knowing he was in good hands, and quickly left to our house. My shirt had gotten dirty from cooking a meal for Charlie, so I changed into a green olive sweater, black jeans, and white Converse. I put my hair into a ponytail, and fixed my bangs. After cleaning up, I took a quick drink of blood. My eyes were turning red again because we hadn't gone hunting in a while. Lucky for this weather, my eyes just looked dark brown.

"Hey babe." Noah smiled, opening the door for me.

"Hey." I smiled, kissing him on the cheek.

We began to drive into town, we were going to go eat some pizza.

"Can we talk about something? Seriously, though." Noah spoke.

My body tensed. "Sure."

"I've got some theories. Normally, I'd consider myself insane. But, I find you... different. Extremely different." He began and I only listened. "Your body is cold, and you've got a reason for that. A disease. You're never hungry, and you've got a reason for that. Because you've already eaten. You write, walk, and run fast, and you've got a reason for that." He continued. "But I for some reason, I can only pin point you to what I have always been secretly interested in."

"And what is that?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't guess correctly.

"Don't laugh." He stated and I nodded. "I've considered you to be in a cult, but you claim to be agnostic. You look extremely young and you're very flawless. I've seen you shine when there was a bit sunlight."

"So, after your careful research, what do you think I am?" I asked.

He parked the car at the restaurant. "In one simple word, which could be very fictional, I've come to the conclusion that you are a vampire." He stared at me.

"But I eat human food." I replied.

"You swallow it most of the time and I bet it tastes like paper." Noah commented. "Now tell me that I'm insane and wrong because it's driving me crazy. I don't want secrets. I just want to know you for the real you."

I thought on it for a while, thinking of what this could do for my family. "Do you know what I like to eat?"

Noah slowly turned to me. "Blood."

"Are you scared of me?" I asked.

"A bit." he answered.

"I wouldn't hurt you." I pouted, afraid he would leave me.

"I know you wouldn't."

"How long have you been thinking on this?" I asked.

"After you told me Embry wasn't your boyfriend. I got to thinking as I drove home and saw a large wolf. Are all fairytales real?" Noah wondered.

"Not all." I shook my head and my voice trailed. "Does this mean we're over?"

"Why would we be over?" he asked.