5

Angela left around 11 in the morning because she was called into work, so we said our goodbyes and she said she'd text me whenever she could. Because I had her over, Nicola and Carla didn't bother me, neither Luca. But once Angela drove away, I was cornered.

"We don't keep secrets in this house, Kora." Nicola stated as he and Carla sat at the table. Luca mouthing the words I'm sorry.

I sighed and rubbed my temples. I was tired from last night because I had snuck out and went back to the place I saw Embry. When I went near the house, only his mother was there. I quickly had to leave because the smell of wet dog was coming closer, so I knew it was the shape shifters. I was chased off once again, but this time there were four wolves.

"Are you trying to get us exposed?" Carla asked franticly.

"What, no of course not."

"So why did you sneak out again? You think we didn't notice?" Nicola questioned.

"I was looking around." I shrugged.

"Who did that to the Audi?" Nicola wondered. "Couldn't have been a human."

"A shapeshifter." I replied, no need to sugar coat it.

They were both taken aback and Luca shook his head. Before Nicola could start his yelling, there was a knock on the door. I froze in my place, but the others looked ready to pounce.

"Please, relax." A subtle voice spoke. "May we come in?"

"Who are you, and what do you want?" Nicola asked, hand on the door ready to close.

I inched closer, but I was behind the front door and couldn't see anything but blonde hair and a pale forehead. Could it be; another vampire in this town?

"I am Dr. Cullen. Carlisle Cullen." He extended a hand.

Nicola didn't move to shake his hand. "What is your purpose here?"

"My son is visiting his girlfriend, your neighbor. I was checking on the girl's father because he had a bit of a fever." Dr. Cullen replied.

Nicola hesitated but let him in. They made their way to the kitchen table, so I slowly began to make my way towards my bedroom until Carla called me back down. I plopped myself onto my chair, as Dr. Cullen sat in Luca's because Luca was standing behind my chair.

"I am sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused, but my daughter Alice saw you and your family." Dr. Cullen spoke to Nicola.

"Saw us where?" Nicola asked.

"Alice has a peculiar gift; she can see the future." He responded. "She hadn't seen you before, so my family was afraid you would pose a threat. And I say that with no disrespect."

I was very interested and found myself unknowingly inching closer to the doctor. When I did notice, I quickly sat straight up.

"Skip the details, what can we do for you? Your visit here must have a purpose." Luca stated.

"I apologize." Dr. Cullen nodded. "I simply came over to find out more about you. You see, my family and I do follow the inventive diet."

"What do you mean?" I swiftly asked.

"We consider ourselves vegetarians." The doctor grinned to himself. "We don't hunt humans."

"Neither do we." I replied chuckling. "Well, occasionally we do but never near the town we're living in."

"Kora, quiet." Carla hushed me.

"That is wonderful news." Dr. Cullen grinned. "I just don't want my family to be exposed, and it becomes a problem when other vampires start moving in."