2

A little less than two weeks until Christmas vacation would be over. I had fought with Nicola and Carla so many times about why Luca and I even had to go back to school, to which Carla said it was because no one would teach us at home and they wanted us to be a little normal. How I hated that word.

In my usual routine, when not helping out anyone with chores or something, I would begin with printing out the photos I captured and haven't printed. My camera had been so out of date, that I was considering buying a new one later. I'd just have to run it by Nicola or Carla. With the camera plugged into the computer, the pictures transported into a new folder I created when we moved here. It was named after this town and the year we arrived: Forks 2005. The printer began to make a beeping sound and had two lights blinking. The red blinking light informed that I was out of paper, while the white light informed that I need more color ink.

I groaned, "Fanculo (fuck)."

"What did you say?" Carla asked, standing by the door.

I turned around in my desk chair, "Nothing. What's up?"

"I'm going to town soon. We're going to buy you the school supplies you and Luca need, so get ready." She replied.

"Okay." My head nodded and she closed the door.

I must've not heard the knock. I changed into faded jeans, black ankle boots, a maroon blouse topped with a gray jacket and scarf. So far this town was treating us great; cold weather and no sunshine. After finishing up, I took my bag which held a notebook with the size of the ink tray I needed and what to buy, my camera and charger, and wallet. We arrived to the local store and bought the essentials for school. Backpack, journals, pens, pencils, a binder, and a few other things we didn't already have.

As Carla then went to shop around for new home decorations and Luca went to see the music, I made my way towards the electronics section. I had searched up different cameras that were good and had a list. I just wondered if they'd actually have them here. I glanced around, looking for some on my list and the prices.

"Can I help you find anything?" a voice spoke.

I turned to my right to see a tall yet thin girl with long dark hair, tan skin, and glasses in the store uniform. She seemed to be around my age. Her name tag read Angela. "I was wondering if you would have the camera Canon EOS Rebel T5i or the Nikon D5300."

"We have both, they're over here." She walked and I followed. "Are you a photographer?" she asked.

I nodded my head. "Well, I try to be. I have a blog." I smiled.

"Really? What's your blog site?" she asked.

I was completely taken off guard because no one really asked unless they too were a photographer.

"I'm the photographer at my high school here in Forks. But I also take photos during my spare time." Angela continued.

"I'm actually new here and I'll be going to the high school you mentioned." I noted.

"Welcome to Forks!" she greeted. "So what's your blog? I'm sure they'd let you be photographer as well if they love your shots. I mean, if you're interested in being in the newspaper & yearbook club."

"Of course." I smiled and wrote down my blog site on a piece of paper, tore it out and handed it to her. "I'm Kora. Kora Li Castro."

"Angela Weber." She grinned. "So, are you interested in buying one of these cameras?"

"Which would you recommend?" I asked.

"Well, the Canon has a touchscreen display which makes adjusting exposure settings simple. It's easy to use, even if you're a beginner. The battery life holds onto several hours with enough energy after to last a couple of hours. It has 9 autofocus points but sometimes the focusing can be a bit slow when using the screen rather than the viewfinder. The vari-angle screen is good for taking photos at hard to reach angles and the screen is well protected. The camera is a good size and weight with a nice grip. Although 18MP may seem low, it's usually enough for any sort of photography unless you print in big sizes." She explained so coolly as if she'd done it thousands of times.