13

"The Cullen family have left?" Noah asked immediately as I entered his vehicle.

"How did y- never mind. They left last night." I responded. "Good morning, babe."

"Good morning." He kissed me on the nose. "Why did they leave?"

"Well what are the rumors in this town saying?" I chuckled blankly.

"Some are saying that Dr. Cullen received an offer that gives a fatter paycheck." Noah replied. "Others are saying they've just grown tired of this dull town and want to be with the pretty people in Hollywood."

"What?" I laughed.

Noah smiled with his beautiful smile. "There's the giggly Kora I love. Haven't seen you in a while."

I smiled softly and grabbed his right hand to hold. We arrived at school but before getting out, Noah stopped me.

"I have a question, well, more like an assumption that needs to be confirmed." Noah began. "The Cullen family... they're like you, aren't they?"

"What makes you say that?"

"They're pale, beautiful, and don't ever eat human food. They've never tried to blend in, and they definitely don't walk like the rest of us teenagers. I've just always had this hunch." He explained.

"And here I thought you only paid attention to me." I joked.

Noah chuckled, "Am I correct?"

I hesitated before answering but only nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"I can't tell you, you can only guess." I replied.

"Does Bella know?" he raised his eyebrows, and then answered his own question. "Does she know about you and your family, does she know I know?"

"Yes and she knows you only know about my family."

The school bell rang and then Noah opened the door for me and we walked hand in hand to our class. I noticed that Bella wasn't at school, and she didn't come for the entire week. Charlie claimed she was sick, but everyone knew it was because she was missing Edward. She was falling into depression. The following week, she did come to school but didn't speak at all. I kept to my word and walked with her, sometimes speaking, other times just accepting the silence. I made sure she ate, spending more time taking care of her than paying attention to Noah. But Noah understood and waited patiently, even helping out a little.

I got Bella to eat, did a lot of her homework for her, which I didn't mind because I had all the time in the world. I did her laundry, Carla cooked for Charlie, Luca cleaned up the house, and Nicola kept Charlie company as they spoke of how to help Bella out. It went on like this for weeks until she started talking again and then one day, she was Bella again, only a bit different.

I no longer had to take care of her, which she thanked me for when we were alone. On Saturday, I was supposed to hang out with Noah but he had a ton of work to do with his dad, so I decided to check up on Bella.

"Hello Chief Swan." I greeted as Charlie opened the front door.

"Hello Kora." He greeted and then I heard cheering coming from inside.

"I've got a few friends over to watch the game." He smiled, seeming eager to get back to the television.

"Who's at the door?" a voice spoke.

I began to inhale at the unfamiliar voice and recalled the smell of wet dog. Charlie opened the door completely as a man in a wheelchair pulled up. He was no doubt from the reservation and I noticed as he tensed up seeing me.

"Billy this is Kora, one of Bella's friends and our neighbor. Kora, this is my buddy Billy Black." Charlie introduced.

"Hello." I waved but just received a very small nod from Billy.

"So, how can I help you out?" Charlie asked.

"I was wondering if Bella was here, I wanted to hang out." I smiled.

"She's actually out, hanging out with Billy's son Jacob." He informed.

I nodded. "Oh, well okay then. Thank you anyway, enjoy your game!" I waved and knew Billy was just staring into the back of my skull.

So many thoughts were rushing in my head until I got a text from Angela. She was asking what I was up to and wanted to know if I would hang out with her later. I told her yes and then drove in my car. I wasn't even sure what I was up to yet but I soon arrived at the same forest where I was almost attacked by three werewolves. I jumped through the trees, searching for Embry's house and found it.

He wasn't home, and I still couldn't comprehend what I was doing. I then jumped further, going all around and then found Bella's scent. I heard her talking and heard Jacob's voice. I hid in the trees and then heard two more guys as they approached the barn. As I watched more every day, I saw that it was just Bella talking with Jacob as he fixed his bikes.

I began hanging out with Angela more as she no longer need to work and had spare time. I had already gotten used to my own schedule. Mondays consisted of club meetings after school which allowed time to be spent with Angela and Noah. Tuesdays was spent with Angela, Wednesdays was checking in on Bella and doing my own thing, Thursdays was with Noah, Fridays were the same as Mondays, and the weekend was checking on Bella, hunting every other time with the family, and hanging out with Angela and Noah on separate occasions.