9

"Are you into the whole prom thing?" Jessica asked as us girls sat around during lunch looking at magazines.

"Yeah, actually. I love dancing." I grinned.

"Have you asked anyone yet?" Aubrey wondered.

"It's girl's choice?" I asked, confused.

"Yes!" they all replied in unison.

They continued talking and then it made sense as to why Noah didn't ask. I figured he liked taking things extremely slow or I was just stuck in the friend-zone. Or maybe it was since my encounter with Bella's friends, that he'd been acting different. Ever since that day, I didn't run into Bella and the guys anymore. She told me that she told Embry I said hi and they left immediately because Embry shifted soon after. I asked her why he hated me so much, and she said the only reason Jacob tells her is because Embry liked me before finding out what I was.

Afterschool, I met up with Noah as usual and decided to ask him to prom. All of the girl's agreed to ask their ideal guys today, so I agreed as well. Because Noah became my ride home and Luca would drive home with some girl, I decided to ask once we arrived at my house. The entire car ride was a bit quiet, and then we finally arrived. I grabbed my things and then stopped before getting out.

"Do you want to go to prom with me?" I blurted out quickly.

"What?" he asked.

"Prom. With me?" I repeated.

His eyes lit up. "Yeah, definitely."

"Really?" I let out a laugh.

"I was scared you had asked your boyfriend and I would have to go alone."

"Wait. Two things." I chuckled. "First, you are very cute, that I'm surprised you don't have a girlfriend! And second, what boyfriend are you talking about?"

"The guys that were hanging out with Bella several weeks ago. The one named Embryo or something. I assumed he was your boyfriend because he looked angry that you and I were together." Noah detailed.

"What. No, he and I just don't get along at all. I am single." I clarified.

"Okay, I'm sorry for assuming." Noah snickered. "Well since you're single, now I want to ask you something."

I figured he was going to ask how many boyfriends I've had. "Okay, shoot."

"We've been talking for a while, and truth be told, I like you. You're smart, funny, creative, and beautiful." He began and I held my breath. "Too good for anyone, in my opinion. But I was wondering, Kora... if you would like to be my girlfriend."

I stared blankly, shocked. It seemed so sudden, but it was exactly what I wanted.

"Um, I made it weird, didn't I?" he laughed awkwardly. "Okay –."

"Yes." I replied.

"What?" he whispered.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend. I've actually had a small crush on you since I first saw you." I confessed.

"I did too." He laughed, scratching the back of his head.

I laughed with him, and then he suddenly pulled me into a hug. Never before had we ever touched one another, not even holding hands.

"Oh, you're awfully cold. You should have told me; I could've put the heater up." Noah commented.

I glanced at the heater and saw it was up to the highest point.