7

I couldn't stop thinking about Embry. I wanted to go back to his house and see it for my own eyes. I wanted to see that he did in fact change. Bella told me that he cut his hair and got a tattoo, grew about a foot taller, and is more muscular. Those are the basic appearances for someone who's shifted. I didn't know him much, so I didn't have to be upset by him being one of them. But I was sort of hoping I had found the one.

Luca knocked on my door and I checked the time, 3:35 in the morning. My voice whispered a low come in. Luca entered and sat next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder and comforting me. He knew that I envied Carla and Nicola for finding their life long partner. After all, when I first changed, I couldn't resist, but I attacked my own boyfriend at the time. I had learned to forgive myself for that, but I still longed for a true love.

"It would be physically impossible, anyway Kora." Luca stated.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Their body temperatures are naturally hot, and ours are naturally cold. It'd be difficult for you to even touch him. Let alone kiss him." he responded. "Plus, the Volturi wouldn't allow it. And why even be with a shape shifter, when you can be with a vampire."

"Or a human, like that Edward boy." I chuckled after a couple of seconds.

Luca chuckled as well. "Exactly. This was just a small crush on some random guy. You'll know when you've found the one. Trust me."

Since I missed school for three days, it was now Friday. The first day I was absent because I couldn't believe the news about Embry. The next two days was because Luca and I did some quick hunting. Today, however, was the first day of the Newspaper Club. I took my camera bag and a small journal for the club to take notes of anything and everything. Luca drove our car to school this time, instead of us taking a ride with Nico. We didn't want to be extremely early every day of school.

When each class started, almost everyone asked if I were okay. I suppose Luca told one person I was sick and it didn't take long for the entire school to know. For each class, I also turned in the homework and assignments they did during the three days I missed. The teachers were surprised which would definitely land me on their good student list. For the classes I had with Noah, I noticed that he would take occasional glances. It was nice to see him again.

At the end of the day, I waited in my Home Economics class. Mrs. Hawkins was the club supervisor. She began talking to me about what type of camera I had, so I showed her. She told me who the President of the club was, even though I already knew. She told me the Vice President was a girl named Aubrey. Students began pouring into the classroom, I took my seat on the third table and then caught eye of Noah as he swayed his way towards me and plopped himself onto the chair to my right after taking his bag off.

"Hello." He grinned.

I stared into his blue eyes, admiring them and then shook it off. "Hi – hello." I nodded.

"My name is Noah. You're Kora, right?" he asked, shifting his body to face me.

"Uh, yeah. I've got you for several classes I believe." I responded, allowing a small grin to form on my face.

I then saw familiar shoes and noticed it was Angela. I glanced towards her and she stared and then smiled when Noah looked at her as well.

"Oh, was this seat being saved for you?" Noah asked.

"It's fine." Angela grinned. "I'll just sit right here." She answered him, pulling out the chair from the table before ours.

Before Noah or I could say anything, Eric cleared his throat.