12

The next two months were spent almost daily with Noah, apart from the times we'd go hunt. I taught Noah more about everything there is to know, but he never brought up about becoming one, just wanting to know all about us. I told him the different places I've visited. I told him about the infinite amount of scrapbooks I owned from my different lives. I told him about some wars, and the one time I couldn't control myself.

He told me about the times he broke his leg and arm, the time his father had hit him, the first girl he ever dated, his first kiss, his first heartbreak. Noah told me about his worst fears, what he wants to become, myths that he always believed in, and his love for animals. He told me so much about him, that I didn't get tired of hearing his voice.

Natasha spent almost just as much time at our house like Noah did. I had gotten close to her as we did double dates. We had gone to the movies, bowling, to the beach (that we were allowed to go to), camping, fishing, and just relaxing at parks and shopping. Natasha was my second closest friend, but I still spoke to Angela almost daily. She had spent the summer working again, but also working on college applications.

As the summer days went by, I had wondered when Luca would tell Natasha about what we are, but he never did. When I asked him about it, he said he was waiting until after graduation. And finally, senior year began. I saw Bella in the morning, and told her Happy Birthday. I gave her a gift, which was a matching silver jewelry set and said Carla had picked it out. Before leaving to class, she said her mom wants her to make a scrapbook, so Edward took a photo of me with Bella and Noah.

My first class was theatre with Mrs. Walters, and I had Angela, Alice, Mike, and Noah. This year, I had Angela, Noah, Natasha, and Luca for quite a few classes. In theatre, our time was spent decorating the play set for Romeo and Juliet. In second period, I had Mrs. Jefferson for English II with Angela, Luca, Natasha, and Noah. We read as a class the book Diary of Anne Frank, and then took a quiz over the first four chapters.

Third period was Calculus II (for college credit) with Mr. Varner. I sat in between Noah and Eric, while Bella and Edward sat behind us. Fourth was Spanish II with Mrs. Goff. I sat with Angela, while Luca and Natasha sat to my left. Fifth was lunch, as always, and we all sat with the same group as last years.

Sixth class was Art II with Mrs. Dean, and I sat with Angela. She was the only one I had for this class, most other seniors had different electives. Seventh was Physics with Mrs. Evans. I sat with Noah, Luca sat with Jessica, and Alice and Edward sat together. I dreaded the classes I didn't have with Noah because I wanted nothing more than to be by his side. Eighth period was Economics with Ms. Wu, and I sat with Angela, while Bella and Edward sat together. And at the end of the day was gym with Coach Clapp. I was excited that I had Noah, and I also shared that class with Alice, Bella, and Luca.

The entire day had been long and busy, but it was a bit expected. Most people thought we would be slacking off, being as it's our senior year, but most of the teachers had us busy. It was Monday, so I had a meeting with the newspaper club. Eric had given us our schedules for this year. This year, instead of football and track, I was solely given the job to photograph all football events. Angel was in charge of volleyball and track, Eric in charge of swimming, Noah in charge of basketball, and Ashleigh (the new member) in charge of golf and others.

"Everyone looks much older; don't you think?" Noah commented as we walked towards the school parking lot.

I nodded my head.

"Do you ever wish to be human again?" he whispered, rubbing his thumb on my hand as we walked with our hands intertwined.

"You've asked me this before, don't you remember?" I mumbled.

"Right, I'm sorry Kora."

I wanted to be angry at him, but I only wanted to stay happy. I'd never shown him my ugly side, which never really came out when I was with him. He apologized again as we reached the car, kissing my forehead for a short while and then opening the passenger door for me and we spoke about something else.

As I arrived, I noticed that Nicola's car was on. I pecked Noah on the cheek a goodbye and walked over to the car. Before I could say anything, Nico rolled the window down and demanded I get in and I did without question.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly, noticing that Carla and Luca were in the car as well.

"The Cullen family asked that we visit them immediately." Carla replied. "We aren't quite sure what's happened, but it may have something to do with that Victoria girl and Laurent guy."

I turned to Luca and he just shook his head, I was internally freaking out because I'd never been in situations like this before. We arrived quickly and we now inside their house where they all sat around in the upstairs living room.

"What's happened?" Carla immediately asked as she stared to Esme, her new best friend.

I took notice that all of their furniture was either wrapped in plastic or missing.

"We're leaving Forks." Carlisle stated. "It's become too much of a risk for Bella with our being here. Edward can no longer bear living with Bella always being in danger."

I was at a loss for words and stared at the ground and then looked to Alice, the one who I loved hanging out with whenever our family would hang out or go camping with.

"I understand." Nicola stated, causing me to immediately turn to him.

"We understand." Carla nodded her head. "Where will you be heading to?"

Carla and Nico began talking to Carlisle and Esme as Luca and I made our way over with Alice, Jasper, Emmett, and Rosalie. I noticed that Edward left and Alice told me that he wasn't doing so well. We talked with them for a couple of hours until Edward came back. Emmett stated that he went to go tell Bella right now. We all then stood up and hugged and waved our goodbyes. As I made my way into the car, Edward stopped me. His face was so full of pain and I couldn't bear to think of myself leaving Noah.

"Could you do me a favor?" Edward asked. "Take care of Bella for me."