Part 12 || The Catchup

I sat in costa drinking my tea as I waited for Sam, for a friendly catch up.

After 4 minutes of waiting, I heard the bell ring as the door opened. I looked up to see sam as he walked in with a pair of black jeans and a plain white t shirt.

"Two seconds" he mouthed to me as he walked over to the counter to order a coffee I'm guessing.

He walked back over with his beverage before taking a seat directly in front of me.

"Hey there" I smiled at him as I took a sip of my tea.

"Hi" he said as he looked at me.

"You okay?" I asked him as I noticed he was staring.

"W-what? Oh.. uh yeah I'm great. What about you?" He stuttered.

"Good actually" I told him.

He gave me a friendly smile. "So, what have you been up to?" He said quickly changing the conversation from awkward to small talk.

"Well, me and the girls have been working on our fourth album" I said, attempting not to smile but failing.

"Oh really? That's cool" he told me.

"Yeah, I think it's our best one yet" I admitted.

"Oh damn. I thought salute would always be your favourite?" He questioned me.

"Well, things can change" I winked, playfully.

"Yeah, they sure can.." he said looking down at his coffee.

There was a 5 second silence before I decided to finally break it by clearing my throat.

"So, what have you and the guys been up to?" I asked him.

"Oh uh, nothing too interesting. Just rehearsing for our next tour" he told me.

"Oh yeah that's right, you're doing one in London in a few nights right?" I asked him.

"Yeah, you should come" he said.

"Oh uh-" I began.

"Come onnnn, pleaseeee" he begged.

"Okay okay, fine. As long as I can bring Perrie. She needs a night out" I said.

"That's fine. You can bring the other girls too if you want" he told me.

"But what about Jordan? Isn't he still obsessed with Jes?" I asked him.

"Uhhh.. maybe" he laughed, I joined him.

"He seeeeriously needs to get over her. I mean, she's engaged now and she's still getting messages from him" I told him.

"Why hasn't she blocked his number yet?" He asked me.

"Oh she has. Somehow he still finds a way" I explained to him.

We both let out a little laugh. It ended as soon as Sam's phone went off.

"Oh, speak of the devil. Kind of, it's Ashley. Be back in a sec" he told me before getting up and walking outside to take the phone call.