Voice of Truth [Chpt 12]

Chapter 12 - Forgive

All day Thursday Ethan and I studied. We crammed in the studying. It was so much information it felt like my head was going to explode. We only took about five minute breaks every two hours. I couldn't get any of the questions right that's why it took me so long. Then with Math . . . let's just say I got every single one wrong. And I still don't even know half of it. Ethan tried explaining some of it to me. But sorry to say, but Sam can explain it so much better. Sam was like my Math buddy. Now if I need help I have to call him over the phone. That won't work out with Math.

But today is Friday the day of the tests. Everyone was seated in class ready to take the ones they failed. We were in a bigger room sense a lot of people are retaking them. We were handing each test that we needed to take. So I have both my Math and History tests. The teacher gave us times for us to stop. Some would stop earlier because some just had one test. Others would stop later than me. Whenever we get done with the tests we bring it up to the teacher. Ethan has to wait for me because I have one more test than he does. He still never told me why he failed the History test. Just that he did it for a good reason. I sighed silently to myself and then the teacher said we may begin. I started my test.

I got done with both of my tests and went out in the hall. Ethan sat on the floor with his back against the wall. As soon as he saw me he stood up.

"So, how did you think you did?" He asked while I walked toward him.

I shrugged. "Probably failed the Math again."

He rolled his eyes then looked at his phone. "We're going to be late if we don't get going."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Hey Kasie."

I turned around. It was Alec, no big surprise.

"Hey Alec."

"Ethan." Alec said.

"Alec."

Ethan pulled me away. "We gotta go." He said.

"Uh . . . sorry Alec, I gotta do something. See you later."

He waved to me.

Ethan still pulled me until we got out of the building and out in the parking lot.

"Tell me again why I have to stay away from him." I said opening Ethan's car door.

"Just do as I say."

I shut my mouth and kept quiet about it. If I say one more word about it he's going to her angry at me. I put all of that aside and got in the car.

"So where's Timmy live?"

"Not too far from here. Just up the road. You don't remember his house?"

"No."

"You'll remember once we get there."

I leaned my elbow on the door and rested my head on my hand. I stared at everyone going out of the school as Ethan drove away.

Ethan parked up on the side of the road from the house. It was a light yellow house and there were cars all parked along the road and in the driveway. They must have a lot of family.

"Remember now?" He asked walking up beside me.

"Not really. But I was also very young too."

"Yeah, that's true."

"Ethan!"

We both looked over and his mom was waving to him from the drive way. We walked up to the driveway.