Voice of Truth [Chpt 5]

Chapter 5 - Funeral

It was eight and I was down stairs already dressed for the funeral. I couldn't sleep. I had to get up early. I was wearing black flats, a black spaghetti dress with a black long sleeved shrug that tied in the front. I had my hair up in a pony tail with a little black flower clip on the side of my head. I feel so down today. And on top of that it's raining out and it's dark. Why does it have to rain today?

I heard the door click and quickly looked over. Ethan came in.

"You're already up?" He asked.

"What are you doing here so early?" I asked.

He shrugged and shut the door. He came over and sat next to me. "I feel kind of sad today." He said putting his face into his hands.

Ethan was wearing all black. He had black jeans, black sneakers, and he wore a black sweat shirt. Plus his hair which just completed it all. What he needs to do is get rid of his blue eyes. I hate looking at his eyes and then I just get lost in them and stare like an idiot. That's why I glance at him.

He looked over at me. He said he feels sad but I couldn't tell if he had this little part of him saying he was happy.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah." I said softly.

I felt like he wanted to give me a hug but he stayed away from me. Maybe when I gave Sam a hug yesterday he felt jealous because I never let him give me hugs. I don't care I'm never gonna let this guy touch me. I haven't spoken to him forever and now that Jake is dead that's going to change everything. I think not.

I looked at my wrist. I still had Jake's leather bracelet on. He always use to wear it. I haven't taken this thing off since he gave it to me. I stopped myself from thinking about it. I don't want to cry.

"Are you going to cry?" Ethan asked me.

"No." I looked away from him.

"Are you mad at me or something? Because I didn't do anything." He said.

Oh this guy. I'm telling you. He's just itching to pick a fight with me.

"Do you really need to ask?" I said.

"Yeah."

"You're such an idiot." I whispered. Apparently didn't whisper low enough because he heard me.

"I'm not an idiot. I didn't even do anything to you."

I looked over at him. "What the heck are you doing? You're trying to get in a fight with me about what . . . nothing."

He stopped arguing and shut his mouth. He moved away from me to the other side of the couch. Thank God for that. It was silent in the room. I just sat staring at the wall. I tried to think about anything but Jake. That wasn't really working out for me. In the corner of my eye I would see Ethan glance over at me. He bothers me so much. Why doesn't he just leave?

"Kasie?" Ethan said.

"What?"

"Do you regret being friends with me?"

Why does he have to come up with this question now? Do I regret being friends with him? I would I have to say yes. In the first place if I never met him Jake wouldn't be dead. But I'm not saying that to his face. To tell you the truth. I'm scared of him . . .

"Do you?" Ethan said.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? Do you or not?"