Voice of Truth [Chpt 7]

Chapter 7 - Mya's house

It's 6 o'clock. I'm lying on the couch staring at the ceiling. Ethan said he was coming at six; so where is he? Mya's house . . . I've never been over there before. I wonder how her place is. I don't even wanna think about it. Why did I agree to go over there?

I heard a click and sat up. Ethan walked in staring at me.

"You know I love how you just walk in without knocking." I said.

"Let's go." He said opening the door the rest of the way.

I got up and turned the light off. I went outside.

"Lock the door." I said walking to his car.

I heard him close the door. We both got in the car and Ethan drove down the road. I didn't say anything and neither did him. I don't know if he knows that I heard him say that he had a crush on me when we were little. I think that's why he's been acting weird. He hasn't been arguing with me lately. Hey, I'm not complaining. But it just doesn't seem normal for him. Then Ethan said he was confused . . . confused about his feelings? That he might lose Mya. Don't tell me he's falling for me. Oh gosh, please don't do that Ethan. Like he said; now that Ethan is gone he can get close to me. But he's been keeping his distance since yesterday. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad.

"Why'd you say yes if you didn't want to come?" Ethan asked out of nowhere.

Why did I say yes? I have no clue. Maybe I would like a friend that's a girl. Or just an excuse to not think about everything.

"Are you going to answer me?" He said.

"I don't know why I said yes." I said.

"You could have said no. You didn't have to come."

"If you don't want me to come just say so."

"That's not what I meant." He said getting angry. He tightened his grip on the steering wheel.

Here we go again. He'll step on the brake and then start yelling at me. I should keep my mouth shut more often.

"Maybe I wanted to go so I can get away from my thoughts." I said.

"Like what?" He asked.

"I'm not telling you my thoughts."

"Do you not trust me or something?"

Do I trust him? I don't know. He's kept me alive so far this week.

"That has nothing to do with anything." I mentioned.

"I think it does. You never tell me anything. I ask you stuff and you never give me a straight answer."

I looked at him. "Oh look. We're on the same page now. I wonder where I get it from." I looked back out the window.

"I don't do that."

"Uh, I think you do. Just like I asked you why you beat that kid up. Did I get an answer? No I didn't. I got a 'shut your mouth then me and you go back to not saying a word to each other.' Yeah okay. I should be saying that you don't trust me."

"Why do you turn everything around back at me?"

"Because you just don't want to hear the truth. You're a hypocrite. You say one thing then turn it around and say something else."

"You're a pain in my ass you know that."

"I try to make your life a living hell."

Damn it, why did I say that? I can't help it. Whatever is in my head just comes out. I say what's on my mind and what is on my mind now is anger.