Voice of Truth [Chpt 6]

Chapter 6 - Last Day

I sat on the couch waiting for Ethan to come pick me up for the last day of school. Thank God for that. Next year I go into 11th grade. I'm so proud of myself that I made it this far. I've been working so hard since my parents died. I've been doing a little better since yesterday. I feel good today. Except for the fact that I'm going to be late for the last day of school.

I heard a click and the door opened.

"I'm sorry I'm late. I over slept." Ethan said.

I stood up and put my bag over my shoulder. "Let's go." I said and walked out the door.

School. I got out of Ethan's car and like last time Mya ran right up to Ethan to give him a kiss. Before I even looked at them I walked away. Ethan is just going to be my driver. I don't get why I can't drive on my own! That hummer has been sitting in the garage for years. I have my license. I can drive.

I went to my locker and opened it up. I didn't have trouble opening it today. I exchange books that were in my bag and got others. Someone walked up to go to their locker next to me. I didn't take any notice to it until I looked over. It was a guy with brown short hair and brown eyes. I never noticed him before. Has he always had a locker there? I snapped out of it and shut my locker. I went to go walk away and tripped on the ground. My hand skid across the floor and cut open my skin.

"Hey are you okay?" The guy asked helping me up.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said standing up.

"I've had a locker next to you all year and I don't think I've introduced myself. My name is Alec Vang." He held out his hand.

"Kasie Rose." I shook his hand with my other hand so I wouldn't get blood on him.

"Nice to meet you Kasie."

The bell rung.

"Gotta go. See you later Kasie." He said and walked away.

I went to go walk away to my class and Ethan ended up next to me.

"Who was that?" Ethan asked.

"No one." I said going around him to walk away.

Ethan grabbed my arm. "You're bleeding." He said.

I pulled my arm away from him. "I'm fine. I just tripped."

"Do you need to go to the nurse's office?"

"No, I'm good."

I started walking away. Ethan followed behind. Today is the last day of school and tomorrow is the last day that Sam get's to stay here. Then it's just Ethan watching me. But I can't help to think about what Ethan said yesterday. That is still running through my head. Sometimes I don't know if Ethan tries to make me jealous, flirts with me, or just tries to be a good friend. I'm so confused with everything. This isn't the right time for this.

I walked in class and sat in my seat where I always sit. Ethan sat on the other side of the room where he usually sits. I think I'm having a test today. Today is the last day of school so we have to finish up for the year. I didn't study . . . I'll fail this test. I think this period and the next period are the only test today. Well if I guess on all the questions and get done early I can study for next period.

I sighed and slid down in my seat. The teacher told the class to be quiet and handed the test out.

"Kasie." I heard someone whisper across the room.

I looked over. Ethan was trying to get my attention.

"Did you study?" He mouthed.

I shook my head.