Voice of Truth [Chpt 11]

Chapter 11 - Library

I survived from my sickness! It's now Wednesday. I've been staying in bed for three days straight. Ethan has been taking care of me. But I still have a stuffy nose but that's really all. I have been sucking on cough drops for the past couple of days. I sat on my couch downstairs and was looking at a magazine. Tiger Beat. I always read these magazines. That's where I get all my updates on stars.

I heard the door open and sat up. Ethan came over with two pieces of paper.

"Look what we got in the mail today." Ethan said showing me both of the pieces of paper.

I took the one that had my name at the top. I read it. It was about me failing my exams. I'm guessing Ethan failed his because he has the same sheet too. It says I have to retake the tests Friday.

"Looks like we're going into school Friday." Ethan said.

"Yeah, lucky us." I said handing it back to him. I laid back down and continued reading the magazine.

"Can I ask you a question?" Ethan said.

"Yeah."

He took the magazine from me.

"What?" I said.

"When, when are you going over to Jake's?" He asked.

I froze. Why would he ask me now? Isn't it still a little too soon.

"Why do you want to know?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Aren't you supposed to look in his closet for something?"

"How do you know that? You were out of the room." I said.

"Yes, I was out of the room . . . standing by the door. Whatever that doesn't matter. I'm just saying. Maybe it's time to go over there. You haven't seen his parents."

"I don't care. It's too soon. I'm not going over there."

"Okay . . . I'm not going to make you do something that you don't want to do."

I took the magazine back.

"I have to go to my cousin's birthday party on Friday. Did you want to come? Right after we get done with the tests we can go."

"Which cousin of yours?" I asked.

"Timmy. You remember him don't you?"

"Barely."

"He's turning thirteen. It will just be me and you. Mya can't go; she's doing something with her mom this weekend."

"I don't know."

"Why not? You have nothing else to do this weekend."

"My point exactly."

"Please." He said pathetic.

If I say no he'll probably just nag me about it. I have the whole summer with him. I better say yes so I get use to having him around. I stared at his blue sparkly eyes and then stared at the ceiling and sighed.

"I guess . . . I can spare some time." I said.

"You sound excited." He said sarcastic.

"Oh, I am." I said looking at him.

He laughed. "Do you want to go to the library? We can go study there for a little bit. I don't want to fail this test too."

I stood up. "I guess." I said throwing the magazine on the coffee table. I went over to the door where I put my book bag and put it over my shoulder. I looked at Ethan. "You coming?"