Voice of Truth [Chpt 9]

Chapter 9 - Movies

I sat in the back seat of Ethan's car. Mya sat up front. I didn't mind her sitting up in front. I like it back here . . . away from him. I gotta be nice remember that. The car came to a stop and I didn't realize that we were already in front of the movie theaters. I breathed in and got out of the car.

"Are you going to be alright?" Mya asked me.

I looked over at her. "Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine."

I put my hands in my jean's pocket and walked with them up to the door. Maybe . . . this isn't the right time to come here. I mean after all he did die here. But, we're here for the movie. So it will get my mind off of things. We got in line for the tickets and I got money out.

"Put that back, I'm paying." Ethan said.

"No, its fine I can pay for mine."

He took the money out of my hand. "No you're not. I'm paying."

I scowled at him. There is no way I'll get myself out of this one. "Fine." I said.

He gave me back my money. I sighed and put it back in my pocket. I looked over at Mya who was staring at me. I know Mya can see right through me. She knows how much pain I am in. I can't fool her. Heck, I can't fool myself. We all know I'm lying. We all know I'm suffering inside and I just don't want to admit it.

"Kasie."

I looked over.

"Come on." He said.

I was so deep in thought I didn't know he already got the tickets. I walked over to Mya and Ethan. When we got into the theater we sat in the back row. Last time I was here we sat in the middle. There I go again thinking about it. I slapped myself in the head.

"You okay there?" Ethan asked me.

"Huh?"

He probably thought I was an idiot for hitting myself in the head.

"I was just thinking that's all." I said.

"Thinking of . . . Jake?"

I heard a slap sound and looked over at Mya.

"Don't bring that up." She said angry at him.

"Sorry."

My phone vibrated. I got it out of my pocket. Sam. I picked it up.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey, sorry I didn't call earlier. I was really busy." Sam said.

"It's fine."

"No I don't want that there!" I heard his mom say in the background.

"My mom is kind of getting angry at the people over here."

"No, pick it up and move it! I'm not paying you for nothing." She yelled again.

Sam sighed. "So how's it going there?"

"I'm at the movie theaters."

"The movie theaters? Don't you think that's a little too soon?"

"Nope."

"Is Ethan with you?"

"Yeah."

"Give the phone to him."

"Why?"

"Please just give him the phone."

I held my hand out with the phone. "Here, Sam wants to talk to you." I said.