Epilogue

Epilogue

1 year later

Dan was helping me pack, the summer was over and I was now going to collage with him, James and Kayla. Dan and James had come back and spend the summer here, so now I was getting ready to go back with them. Carter was going to some top technology school for business; he had gotten a full scholarship. We were pretty much sure that he was going to make a name for himself in the business.

Me and James were still madly in love and going strong, and for Dan and Kayla, well I could say they were getting there. They were still ‘just friends’ but were growing closer by the days.  Jordan had come back this summer, and I didn’t realise how much I missed him. he was actually going to the same collage as me this year, he would just be starting a few weeks later. The fun part is that all of us will be living on campus together.

Collage years are supposed to be fun, and so far this looks like it’s going to be pretty awesome. “ok well that’s the last of it, you better go say goodbye, we’re leaving in 10” Dan said giving me a nod and took my suitcases down the stairs. carter had already left earlier today since he was going farther.  I walked down the stairs with a small smile on my face. I saw mom and dad drinking coffee at the table, “well we’re going to get going now, we’re going to come back and visit in October” I said walking up to them.

“we’re going to miss you honey, but we’re so proud of you” my mom said pulling me into a hug. “I'm going to miss you too mom” I said pulling away. My mom had tears in her eyes already, “well go have fun kiddo, just don’t forget to come visit once in a while” he dad said pulling me into another hug.

“Don’t worry guys, I’ll be back before you know it” I smiled and looked at the two of them. I would miss my parents. “come on Tay we’re ready!” Dan called from outside. I gave my parents one last wave and then turned around and walked out the door, ready to begin a new chapter in my life.

Dan and Kayla sat in the front while I climbed in the back with James, he shot me a smile which managed to still make my heart beat a little faster and bring a smile to face. I snuggled into his side as we began the long trip back to school.  “I love you” James whispered in my ear. He has been so perfect this year, we had managed to make our relationship work over long distance and they would come and visit every couple of weeks. So I got to see him a fair amount of time, but I was glad I get to go with him this time.

They had spent the summer here; I got to hang out with him a lot. And we got some much needed time together. Oh and Dan dumped Haley! Not that she was a bad girl or anything; Dan just didn’t belong with her.  everyone was happy for once, with nothing to worry about. And hopefully it would stay that way. me and James had our occasional fight, but we were quick to make up.

“I love you too” I whispered back as he brought his lips down to mine, kissing me softly. Maybe love wasn’t my plan, but it all seemed to work out in the end.

The end