Chapter 12

i missed wednesday's upload becuase i wanted to make this chapter alot longer. so for the next few till the story is done, it'll be around this length. comment and vote if you like :)

-------------------

Chapter 12

The next day I went to school and came home, Jordan has been texting me all day about the plans for tonight. He won’t tell me what he has in mind but he keeps telling me I'm going to love it and wear something casual.

He picked me up around 7. I rushed out of the house as soon as I heard his car pull up, so he didn’t have to face Dan. He drove to a small restaurant in the middle of nowhere. “my grandma own this place. It’s a place close to home for me and I don’t normally  bring people here” he explained with a smile. I'm glad that he trusts me enough to bring me somewhere he cares about.

He took my hand and we walked into the restaurant, I would smell the home made scent of pasta. It was a nice little Italian décor. We walked over and sat at a empty table. He handed me a menu and began looking through his own.

A minute later a older lady with faded brown hair and glasses came over to serve us “and who is this pretty girl Jordan?” he asked sweetly.  ‘well this is the girl I told you I'm going to bring here. I wanted to make it up to her and show her I really cared” he said that while looking at me. it was sweet of him, o do this. But on my mind was still James. “hi my names Taylor” I sad politely. “nice to see James brought someone worth while” she said. that made me blush a little, I like his grandma already.

“so what would you too like?” she asked. I ordered some alfredo pasta while Jordan ordered chicken parmesan. “so do you like it” he asked nervously. I love how he tells me I'm going to love it then asks me if I like it. “I love it, thank you for bringing me here” I said taking my hand in his.

A couple minutes later our food arrives and we start eating but I see Jordan keep glancing at me. “something you want to say” I asked amused. “well there is something” he admitted. I smiled and waited for him to go on. “well I guess I should have told you this earlier. Tonight after our date, I’m going to be leaving for one year to a re-treat camp out on a island to study Biology” he looked down after he said it. he was leaving? “I just wanted to have a memory of a last date with a girl I really like. I hope your not to mad” he looked back up in my eyes.

“Honestly I'm a little sad, but I'm happy for you. That’s a great opportunity” I smiled sadly. “I don’t expect you to wait for me but I do want you to remember me” he said. I’ve really come to like him in the past few days and it’s sad to watch him go. “don’t worry I’ll be here to welcome you back” we finished eating in silence and we drove towards the beach.

I guess we were both lost in thought. We sat up on the car hood and watched the stary sky “you know I’m glad I met you Taylor.” He said without looking at me. “so am I” I really was. Jordan was a great guy, never mind that bowling ally night. “I have a feeling we’re going to be good friends” I snuggled into his side. I did too, I didn’t feel like losing him and I wasn’t going too. “thanks for everything tonight. Your one special guy”

We stared off into the sky for a bit, before he drove me back home. Once we pulled up at my house he looked over at me and got out of the car, coming around to walk me too the door. “Thank you Tay for everything, I’ll try and call you once a month. In the short time I’ve known you, you turned out to be one of my favourite people”  he said as he helped me out.

I hugged him too me as one last good bye. I pulled away but he still held me. his eyes were staring into mine as he leaned down and pressed his lips hard to mine.  I kissed him back with everything in me. I was going to miss him, as a best friend though. “I'm going to miss you” I mumbled the obvious.