Chapter 5

Chapter 5

His lips brushed mine, but only for a second before he was ripped from my grasp.  He was thrown aside and replaced with a angry looking James. My eyes were wide in shock, “wait what?” I managed to stutter. “I will not have you going to reckless party’s and kissing random guys” he leaned in and whispered in my ear.

“what? You have no control over what I do. You asked for your favor, but you have no control over what I do” I screamed. I was losing it, attention was starting to be drawn to us.  But what did I care? “yea but you were never this way from how your brother explained you” he snapped. “oh so my brother was talking about me before I got here? Dos that mean you’ve had this all planned from the start?” I narrowed my eyes, if he was just using me like that to get what he wants. “no I wasn’t! Dan talked about you a lot in collage. It’s just when I came here and saw you at that party all bored and stuff, i decided to figure out more about you and stumbled across your little secret. But from what he explained you don’t seem like this type of girl!” he yelled, equally as mad. “well, YOU DON’T KNOW ME!” I was done; I pushed through the crowd without waiting for a response.

I walked out the back door, thank god no one was out here, I could see the party start to resume, as all attention that was on us was now gone. No one cared what happened after, everyone just wanted to watch a fight to entertain themselves, and maybe talk about what happened in school Monday. The quiet good girl, actually gets mixed up in something. I rolled my eyes, I was going to get mixed up in some stupid dram now, I just know it.

I walked around the backyard till someone I heard the door slam from behind me, I looked behind me to see that it was only Jordan, he had a sympathetic look on his face, I gave him a half attempted smile. He walked over next to me “so I’m guessing that’s your ex or something?” he asked. He wasn’t looking at me though, he was staring straight ahead. “no it’s not , it’s my brother best friend who seems to think he can tell me what to do. I’m sorry, I didn’t think you were going to talk to me again” I said. “well it wasn’t your fault, plus when I meet a girl that’s worth something I pursue it.” He looked over giving me  a soft smile. “how about a number” he raised a eyebrow. I handed over my phone and we exchanged phone numbers.

He handed mine back, taking a step closer to me.  I made no motion to move, he leaned forward again, but this time we didn’t even make it half as far, the back door slammed again reveling none other than stupid James. Jeez was I ever going to have a fist kiss? I sighed frustrated as I raked my hands through my hair “didn’t I already make it clear enough for you to stay away from her?” he said walking up to Jordan. “yea you did, she didn’t though” Jordan replied.

“well I’m telling you again, you better leave now” James spoke slow and clearly. He was angry and I could tell by his facial expression. “it’s ok Jordan, I’ll catch up with you late, you just go back to the party” I said before he could reply. I was done standing aside; James was just ruining this now,

Jordan nodded at me giving me one last long look before walking back inside “what the hell was that Taylor?” he said motioning to where Jordan just was. “What was what?” my voice came out annoyed and clustered, just how I was feeling.

“that stupid Jordan thing!” he exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air. “what, what’s wrong with that. Like I said, ill go with you Friday and everything but that doesn’t mean you have any control over my life” I said calmly. I wasn’t going to get worked up over something that I was right about. “yea- wait Tay you know I care about you as a person too, just because your coming with me Friday, doesn’t mean I'm going to be a total ass to you” he spoke. His voice actually softened.

“yea well you don’t act like you care” I resorted back. “look I really do, I mean no offense to you or anything, but it was the perfect opportunity  to get someone for Sunday” he said taking a step closer. “well maybe you should have just asked nicely if you thought i could help you with it instead of black mailing me into it” I was starting to understand him more, but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t pissed at him.

“well after what happened last night at the other party I didn’t think you would willingly go with me. you didn’t seem to phased at anything I tried on Friday night” he admitted. “well I think you’ve figured out I’m not like that by now” I said. he took another step closer to me. by now we were inches apart. I could see his chest heaving up and down and I could feel his warm breath on my neck.  “yea I guess I do know that now. but tell me the truth, why were you with Jordan or whatever” he said the last part with discuss. “because he was nice and seemed like my kind of person” I replied. “yea and I'm not?” we were even closer now, almost touching  “because look at you, even here your surrounded  by girls, those moves you tired Friday night were typical player. I'm not stupid James” I took a step back this time, giving us both some breathing space.

“well what if I said you were wrong” he took two steps forward this time. “well I won’t believe you”. I have no idea what we were doing right now, but I had no intention of stopping it.  “well then I’m just going to have to prove that to you. Aren’t i?” he took 3 steps forward and held me in place, preventing me from moving. He stared into my eyes, I wanted to look away, it was like he could see right through me and I hated the feeling. But his beautiful eyes held me captive. He leaned down without breaking eye contact and lightly brushed his lips across mine. He pulled back looking at me, I took a hold of him, smashing his lips back to mine. Our lips moved together as we both pressed together trying to get more. I never pictured myself kissing James or anyone like him but damn it felt good. What would it be like to be with him? wait- he has a girlfriend. With that sudden thought I pressed my hands on his chest and pushed him away, he stumbled back looking surprised “wha”  I cut him off “you have a girlfriend, why would you even – you know what forget it” my voice broke at the end. That meant nothing to him, why did I let it go that far? I turned around hoping to go without a word from him but he grabbed my wrist pulling me back around to face him.

I expect him to say something like he wait, or some solution. But what I heard utterly shocked me “look I need you not to tell anyone about this specially not Rosanna, this was a mistake” his eyes stared into mine, pleading with me. All I could manage was a nod before I ripped my hand out of his and ran out the back gate. He really just told me that kissing me was a mistake, he asked me to keep it a secret. I let him take my first kiss without anything. I broke down crying there on the sidewalk. This was why I never got mixed up in this stuff. It just never worked.