Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I whipped the tears away from me angrily, anger finally made it over the stupid sadness. I got up and brushed myself off, pulling down my dress and walking back inside. I was going to forget about him, he was right that was a stupid mistake. I saw Missy to the side talking with 3 guys, she deserved to have some fun. I walked around and saw Jordan in the kitchen taking a drink by himself.

I walked up to him, forcing a smile onto my face. “hey you” I said as I leaned on the counter. His face brightened as he saw me “hey Taylor”. “I hate to ask this, but could you take me home, I don’t really want to be here and I came with my friend, but she seems to be having a good time, so I don’t want to bug her” I explained. “Good, I want to go too, I was just waiting around for you honestly, hoping to catch you once more for tonight. So shall we” he said offering me his hand. Jordan was so fun, he snapped me out of all of the down thoughts I was having. I bit my lip and took his hand, my face threated to break into a smile as we made our way through the crowd. I spotted James with a girl clinging to his arm. He looked over in our direction; he looked surprised for a second then a unreadable expression crossed his face. His mouth was set in a straight line and his jaw was clenched in effort. I tore my eyes away from his and stepped out hand in hand with Jordan.

He led me towards his car, and I got in the passenger side. ‘so where do you live?” he didn’t look at me, but stared straight ahead, I uh actually was supposed to stay with my friend tonight so you can drop me off at her address” I said, about to give him the directions when he spoke first. “the same friend at the party?” I just nodded, not really knowing what he was getting at here. “well then why don’t you spend the rest of the night with me, since your supposed to be having a good time, then I’ll drop you off. So you don’t have to spend the night alone” he reasoned. “oh nice job, you actually did good at trying to convince me to stay the night with you” I laughed. It was so obvious, ‘well did it work?” he smirked, “it sure did. But on one condition” “and what would that be” he was looking at me now with a amusement shinning in his eyes. “we have to get ice cream first” I was feeling like something that didn’t have alcohol and that tasted good, ice cream was the first thing that came to my mind.

“sounds like a deal” i smiled brightly at him while he kept his eye’s on the road.  A couple minutes later we pulled up at a small place. ‘this place has the best ice cream, I guarantee you.” He said getting out of the car. “oh really? Well I’ll be the judge of that. I spun around him and dashed into the ice cream parlor. Ha what a funny name. Carler’s Ice cream parlor.  There was a small frail old lady working at the counter, she seemed to have a smile on her face, and I didn’t look fake so she must be happy. Although I wouldn’t to have to work this late at night. I walked up to the counter, looking at all the flavors while Jordan just walked in. he came up behind me and wrapped his hands around my waist. “so my lady, what are we getting?” he leaned his chin on my shoulder looking at the menu. He was so cute, I could actually get use to this. “well you’ve been here before, what do you recommend” I asked. The lady was looking at us with a sweet smile on her face, ‘I recommend the mint chocolate or the cookie dough.” He said. “ok then can one scoop of each please” I asked the lady. She smiled and nodded before grabbing a cone and pushing the ice cream into it. 

“and what are you getting” I turned my head to look at him, I could feel his minty breath on my face as he smiled “I’ll get a peanut butter and cookie dough, one scoop of each please” he said. the lady came with our ice creams, still giving us that happy look. Jordan payed for the ice cream then walked over to a booth. “thanks” I sat down taking my ice cream. It really did taste good wow.  “mmm this is really good.” I admitted. “yea, I so told you so. I always come here for ice cream, I’ve never tasted any better” he smirked. “so what shall we do tonight then?” I questioned. “I don’t know, whatever is good with you,  we could go bowling or see a movie or something” he shrugged. “do you know what time it is? I don’t think any bowling places are open this late” I stared at him. “yea I know a 24 hour bowling place, it comes in handy when you want something fun to do, late at night. That isn’t reckless”

“well then I guess bowling It is” I said. The lady was now cleaning the tables around the place, she said was humming a tune to herself, and I smiled at the sight, she was so happy. I want to have a life like her when I'm older. Jordan frowned when he caught what I was looking over at “why are you looking at her?” I turned to see he had a confused and kind of annoyed face. “Because she looks so happy, she seems to enjoy being here. And that’s something by itself, being happy with what you do. She’s old and so , well I don’t know how to describe it. But I want to be like that when I'm older” I smiled biting my lip. There was something about her that was so peaceful and joyful, like nothing can break her. “yea she’s here like every time I come here. She might be the owner or something. I don’t know how someone so old could work so late. I don’t think she’s happy, I think it’s just kind of weird.” He said that kind of rudely and didn’t like it one bit.

“That’s not weird I think its sweet” I was starting to get defensive over nothing. “ok, ok just forget it. We’re going to end up fighting over an old lady and ruin both of our nights.” He said smirking. I bit my lip trying not to laugh but I broke out in a fit of laughing. That was so true, and it sounds so stupid when you say it. We were really going to fight about weather an old lady who works at night is either miserable or happy.

“ok let’s get going bowling then, before we find an old man” I said getting up, while still laughing. He grabbed my hand and we walked out the door, but of course I couldn’t resist taking a look back at the lady, who was smiling and sweeping the floor.  We made our way over to his car, when another car pulled in blasting music, you could hear the people in the car screaming and yelling. It seemed as if there were about 3 or 4 of them.  I looked over at them when I was stepping inside the car. When I saw who came out he driver side I nearly fell over.

James slid out of the driver seat smiling and laughing along. 2 girls came out from the back of the car and another guy came out from the passenger side. I rolled my eyes of course he would be with them, and cheat on his girlfriend. He looked over at us and his smile turned to a frown when he saw me. he stared long and hard before telling the others to go inside while he walked over here. No not walking, more like staggered. I got in the car and shut the door. “isn’t that your friend or something?” Jordan questioned pointing over at James. “uh yea you can go.” I said. nah it’s ok you can talk to him, maybe clear whatever happened earlier up with him” oh my god, Jordan just had to be so nice….

And now I have to talk with stupid James. I got out of the car and walked up to him, I didn’t exactly want Jordan hearing the whole conversation “what do you want” my tone was cold and hard “what the hell are you doing with him. you don’t know him” he spoke, It sounded more like he was angry.  ‘I can do whatever the hell I want James and it doesn’t concern you.” I spat back at him

“yea it does. I'm trying to look out for you here, but you run off with some random guy. I at least expected you to go home. Not out with him” his voice raised as he pointed at the car. ‘doesn’t look like you care about me. look we already had this conversation when you made the big mistake of kissing me” I pushed him back and turned around walking back to the car. “So that’s what this is about. That kiss right?” that made me stop in my tracks ad turn back to look at him. His eyes were shinning with amusement and the end of his lips were twitched up in a smirk. “Think what you want James, but you’re right kissing you was a mistake look where it ended me up. I wasted my first kiss on you. And you turned out to be nothing more than this” I motioned towards him.

His eye’s dulled and his smirk disappeared. He opened his mouth to say something but it was already to late. I stepped into the car “ok we can go now” “everything ok now” he smiled at me. he was so sweet, trying to get me to fix my problems and all. “yea” I fake smiled and he pulled away. James was still standing there watching the car pull out. his mouth was in a thin straight line and his jaw was clenched when we drove past him.